Not quite serious - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not quite serious

One of my mates painted his tau skin colour green, (only one model) because he wanted to. I thought it was cool, and I was just wondering, what do others think of that?

(\_/)
    (0.0)
    (><)copy bunny and this msg onto ur sig i will then own ur souls.
    all lotr players check my forum: my lotr forum click here!if your a forces of disorderplayer looking for a forces of disorder forum go hereIf your a forces of order player go here
    khorne
    20 18 5
    dwarfs
    5 6 1

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thurgor
    One of my mates painted his tau skin colour green, (only one model) because he wanted to. I thought it was cool, and I was just wondering, what do others think of that?
    Considering how much money you pay for each figure... I'm OK with ANY paint job. It may not be any good, but that would better than what I can do (I'm the lazy dude who paid other people to paint his army.)

Also there is a number of different reasons that you can give for their skin. Fluff comes from Games Workshop **AND/OR** your imagination. Maybe these firewarriors paint their skin green to camouflage themselves. Maybe they caught a disease that permanetly turned their skin green. Iif he's playing a Farsight army, then he could explain that because of some Ork disease that was transmitted to the Tau that they became more "wild" (give them the Ork Fighter upgrade). In five minutes I came up with two reasons for Green Tau. How many can you think of?
    Peace through Superior Firepower! =^.^=

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its his army, as long as he plays by the rules I dont think anyone would really care. As for myself I would'nt care, I like to see people add flavor to their armies. I like to see people using their creativity in their armies(as long as it doesnt invalidate my above point of playing by the rules).
    Iron Warriors 9/1/0 (w/l/d)
    World Eatters 15/1/0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, the Tau have a quick evolution period. Maybe their geen have evolved for green skin, probably for jungle camoflage.
    "I'd rather fight 100 Hammerheads than 20 Battlesuits" -Vinnie, an Ultramarine.

*Remember to use the Reputation ability! Click the yellow star beneath a name on the left side!*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x2)

They could be pink for all it matters, really.
    Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me.

Member of the Canadian Clan, eh.
    Mech Tau Cadre: 2000 points, needs paint and magnets.
    Paladins of Avalon (SW):-1500 points, needs paint.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Broadside_Pilot
    They could be pink for all it matters, really.
    especially considering how little tau skin actually shows... Shas 'ui heads and etherials, maybe a tank pilot or two. Most tau cover up pretty thouroughly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sure it doesnt matter. I didnt like the blue skin they have, nor could I paint it very well anyway, so my Aun'shi model is painted with Rotting Flesh for his skin, as is all my Shas'ui heads. Looks good I reckon, theres no problem with not following what Games Workshop does. Especially, as someone already said, with how much you pay for thier models. You should be able to do anything you like with them.
    Last edited by paxxer; September 13th, 2005 at 04:46.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, you can paint Imperial guard with blue skin if you want, too. Looks a little crazy, most people would think it's retarded, but it's your armies, do whatever the hell you want.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Prometheus
    Well, you can paint Imperial guard with blue skin if you want, too. Looks a little crazy, most people would think it's retarded, but it's your armies, do whatever the hell you want.
    Why would it look retarded? They could be an army that is based off Scottsmen and they paint their faces blue to freak the enemy out. If it's a good paint job, then there is nothing wrong or retarded about it.
    Peace through Superior Firepower! =^.^=

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Meh - maybe his skin was green because he was of a different race amongst the Tau?

There are black people and white people, why not blue tau and green tau? And maybe a teal-ish color for "asian" Tau or something for the in-between.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast