Starting Necrons this weekend - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Starting Necrons this weekend

Greetings all, this weekend my local gaming store is having a 20% off sale, and I will be picking up some stuff. Right now I am righting up a shopping list.

So far I got 2 Necron Battleforces a codex, and an extra box of warriors. Of course I will be picking up a lord as well, and I am thinking of a Destroyer Lord as well. I just want some advice on whatto get, I have about 200 american to work with, but I don't want to go overboard. Also, should I drop the extra box of warriors? Right now it is $30, since the store has stupid employees who can't label GW stuff for beans. (ex. A $30 Tyranid Broodlord, lableed as the Red Terror) Keep in mind I also have to cover New Jersey tax(about 6%) with my purchase, although I will probably end up with about 250 dollars so that shouldnt be a problem.

Also, what should I do with the extra Battleforce Destroyer? What would I need to get to convert him to a Heavy Destroyer? Any other creative conversions?

Also, any tips on army lists?

Last edited by chaos0xomega; September 12th, 2005 at 23:40.
    W/D/L
    Tau - Knights of the Frozen Wastes
    10/2/4

Necrons - The Phalanx of Gleaming Death
    2/0/0

CSM - Iron Warriors
    Coming Soon

98% of the teen population has smoked weed, if you are the 2% that hasn't, put this in your signature.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Zed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x1)

Warriors are your friends. I'd get them and take it up with the manger of the store about the price. You should proably buy some more destroyers to make some big squads, but it's up to you; some guys swearb by destroyers some swear against them. You should ever get some heavy destroyers or some immortals to give you even better fire support. I'd get the heavy destroyers to accompany your lord if he's getting a destroyer body, otherwise I would suggest a lord on foot with veil of D. and a squad of immortals. You may want to purchase to lords and even a 'lith. It's up to you really some necron players feel that certain units are really good and others are really bad. You may want to try play testing.
    "DICE FOR THE DICE GOD!"

And the almighty Dice God said to his followers "Thou shalt not speak ye words "anything but a one" For thou whoever'st speaketh this blasphemy will be cursed with thy rolls being of one".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was thinking Lord on foot and Destroyer lord, give the dest. lord a lightning field and stick him i a full squad of scarabs, and send them flying around. Give the foot lord VoD, and beam him arround with warriors until I can get some Immortals. The shop doesnt have a good selection of blisters, and I haven't ever seen any immortals there. I was thinking to squads of destroyers, and one with scarabs(in no specific points value, just assume its a 50000 point game...
    W/D/L
    10/2/4

2/0/0

CSM - Iron Warriors
    Coming Soon

98% of the teen population has smoked weed, if you are the 2% that hasn't, put this in your signature.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well seeing as 2 battleforces gove you 40 warriors i would drop the extra box for right now.
    myabe pick up some paints or other necron models.

so with the battleforces this should be your models
    40 warriors
    10 scarabs
    6 destroyers

maybe invest in
    destroyer lord to go with scarabs or other destroyers
    foot lord to stay woth warriors
    maybe a few immortals since they are on sale
    or even a monolith since thats price will drop nicely tooo

you wont need more than 40 warriors usually unless you are playing extremely high point games
    Ghost's of Terra
    trait chapter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-i would definatly buy afoot lord.
    - a destroyer lord would be nice for the scarabs, and so you can get a res orb for your foot lord.
    - the only other thing that you will probably want to use in almost every game you play is the monolith, with it, the lords, and the battle forces, you should be set for a while untill you play a lot more and figure out what else you want to buy. with full upgrades that is an 1815 point army, so you will be able to play most games.
    Procrastination- hard work often pays off over time, but laziness always pays off now.
    Indifference- it takes 43 muscles to frown, and 17 to smile, but none to just sit there with a dumb look on your face.

-Votewar 40K III= 1st place
    -Votewar 40k mini= 2nd place
    -Votewar fantasy 2= 2nd place

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright, so 2 battleforces, the 2 lords and a lith? THat will give me about 1850? sweet deal.
    W/D/L
    10/2/4

2/0/0

CSM - Iron Warriors
    Coming Soon

+ Reply to Thread