Necron Stargazers - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Necron Stargazers

about half of my warriors, and my lord, and one of my heavy destroyers come from second hand, and what really annoys me, other than the sub-standard painting (and i'm talking really sub-standard... like hypo-sub-standard), and the fact that it looks like most of them were encased in concrete due to over-zealous supergluing, is the fact that most of them are looking upwards.

it is so annoying when n00bs (and this occasion certainly justifies the 00) think 'Hey, let's glue them standing straight, all of the other armies do that... Hey, the head joint has two bits of plastic in the way, o well, they must be meant to have heads pointing upwards'. and then they vcarry on putting them together like that! ather than looking at pictures in the codex! and other models!

Agg it annoys me.

So yes, i have lots of models like that. is there any way of making it look at all better, short of tearing either the waist or head joints apart?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Depends on what kind of glue was used ?
    If the plastic around the places where they have been glued is melted there is nothing you can do except cutting them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Givem a bath in acetone free nailpolish remover. That'll gettem fixed. Paint goes bye bye and if by chance he used modeling cement then it'll goo-ify off.

Zed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x1)

You can't really complain. You bought them. That's why they're called second hand.
    "DICE FOR THE DICE GOD!"

And the almighty Dice God said to his followers "Thou shalt not speak ye words "anything but a one" For thou whoever'st speaketh this blasphemy will be cursed with thy rolls being of one".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rook
    Givem a bath in acetone free nailpolish remover. That'll gettem fixed. Paint goes bye bye and if by chance he used modeling cement then it'll goo-ify off.
    wouldn't that corrode the plastic as well?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Acetone free= non corroding in my experience.

Just dont let them soak all night. Put them in for 10 minutes or so. The modeling glue I use on my metal figures tends to disolve.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x2)

I bought warriors from eBay and they were in the same condition. I tried separating the torso from the pelvis by force and it worked on about half the models. The rest I simply cut the backbone between the pelvis and torso, filed it at an angle and reglued. It started to take too long so I just left some of them looking up. I mixed a few of them into each unit and they look fine. You have to assume that at least some of the warriors in each unit are looking towards the sky for skimmers, flyers, etc... As long as the majority are still hunched over they should look fine.

Another idea would be to heat the backbone between the pelvis and torso and bend it slightly. This should correct the problem quickly but I had a hard time figuring out how to heat the specific spot without melting the model.

As for removing paint, check your local hobby or craft store. There are plenty of solutions for removing water-based paint that will not destroy the plastic of the model. The best test is to sacrifice one warrior for the good of the other Necrons and cut it into pieces. Mix up a few different batches of paint remover into cups and drop a piece into each one. Let them sit in the solution overnight. In the morning the solutions that contain an intact unpainted model are the ones to use. I have found that most paint removers will not destroy the models if used sparingly. The main problem is you have to really soak them if you want to remove paint from all the tiny grooves and details.
    I do not criticize. I do not offend. All I offer is my opinion which means only as much as you make it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have done this in the past. I don't really feel too terrible about it, however. I figure someone is just singing the Necron National Anthem (Hail C'tan, Uber Alles!) Besides, I prefer my Necrons to be more elitist, looking down there noses at the hordes of mortality.

Anyway, I'm a freshman at modeling. I figure, Necrons just look neat no matter how they're standing.

As for the showers of superglue that people use, I won't argue with you there. It's like the Necron equivilent of Tammy Faye Baker! Yikes! :eek:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've found one invalube rule when it comes to modelling:

Easily broken, easily fixed.

My friend has ripped apart all kinds of marines to reposition them. So long as your careful, you should be able to remodel whatever you need.
    "I'd rather fight 100 Hammerheads than 20 Battlesuits" -Vinnie, an Ultramarine.

*Remember to use the Reputation ability! Click the yellow star beneath a name on the left side!*

+ Reply to Thread