The Ulthwe Discussion Thread - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Deciever Posted: Nov 9 2003@ 03:26
    There are so many Ulthwe discussion threads, what say someone pin one? Then that is the official thread, and everything else is outlawed?
    A very good idea, as someone already said in the original thread I quote from.

So here it is the "official" Ulthwe and Strikeforce Ulthwe thread. Feel free to use this thread to discuss tactics, units and other relevant things to the two Ulthwe armies. This topic will be pinned and will be visible on the top of the board at all times.

Master Belial

'But for corruption thou hast made Belial, an angel of hostility. All his dominions are in darkness, and his purpose is to bring about wickedness and guilt. All the spirits that are associated with him are but angels of destruction.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hehe.. good idea Belial!

Ok... ill start this thing by asking a question. Can anyone tell me about the webway: how to open it and who has it and such?
    I was told it was a 50 point item that the farseer carried, but...
    FROM THE BOOK OF THE IMPERIUM:

1. Thou shalt not go on a panty raid in the Adaptus Soritus temple.
    2. Thou shalt not flirt with Howling Banshees. They are the enemy.
    3. Thou shalt not refer to Battle Sisters as Bolter Biatches
    4. Darth Vader isn’t the son of Abaddon
    5. Thou shalt not reassemble a Necron into a washing machine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

only ulthwe SF can have it (in the item named the WRAITHGATE)

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it is carries by warlocks and farseer. it is opened in the shooting phase and is placed in contact witht he model opening it. to rep the gate use the small blast template...why dont u just buy the codex?
    <insert witty remark here>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have the eldar codex, the craftworld codex and the rulebook... doesnt say anything in there.
    FROM THE BOOK OF THE IMPERIUM:

1. Thou shalt not go on a panty raid in the Adaptus Soritus temple.
    2. Thou shalt not flirt with Howling Banshees. They are the enemy.
    3. Thou shalt not refer to Battle Sisters as Bolter Biatches
    4. Darth Vader isn’t the son of Abaddon
    5. Thou shalt not reassemble a Necron into a washing machine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cos its in the EoT codex for the ulthwe strike force...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jeez, even I knew that the USF rules were in the EoT codex. Sorry, Saruman, but you&#39;re about as much of a noob as you say I am. Anyway, yeah. Oh, and another rule for it is if the model carrying it dies, which it hopefully shouldn&#39;t unless you run into an Emperor&#39;s Champion, it gets laid down automatically. So yeah. Does anyone have some good tactics with the Spear of Khaine? I know that a warlock with enhance and one with augment and Maugan Ra backed up by an Avatar is VICIOUS...I guess that makes sense, but I think it has too many points in one place. What are some other nice strategies with them? An interesting idea I think would be to have a kitted out Spear of Khaine, in reserve. Then you pick the flank with the most cover and stick dark reapers behind it. Then you advance a 20 soul defender squad with a warlock who has the wraithgate up that flank, while marching 3 one soul Warwalker Squads (starcannoned usually) with a 10-15 soul squad of Guardians with a support platform (bright lance, perhaps?) up the center as a diversion. Then after the opponent directs as much of their firepower into the warwalkers, your flank squad pops the wraithgate and out comes the Spear of Khaine mentioned above and hopefully crushes that flank. Sweep across the board into the side of the enemy&#39;s army. I think vypers could run around and take out troublesome units (like pesky crisis/stealthsuits that DS behind your flank after you lose the support of the reapers, which happens when you get out of range... ). Also, you could do that with CC aspect squads as well, and storm guardians. What do you think? I don&#39;t think I&#39;ve neglected any rules, but I&#39;m not sure. What do you think? Is it a strategy worth the effort of making an army list?
    OMFG1337&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;111one

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice overall strategy. Very nice. And I don&#39;t have the codex handy, but I&#39;m pretty sure you can&#39;t take bright lances as support weapons. Sorry.

There&#39;s just one big hole in your plan. Don&#39;t put too much faith into little distractions like that. You&#39;re using 2 units. That means he only has to fire 2 to get rid of them, and anyone worth anything will use heavy weapons on them. We all know what happens when those hit, don&#39;t we? *BOOM*

So, just do yourself a favor and toss something a bit meatier for a distraction. All in all, I think you&#39;re trying to be WAY too smart. It&#39;s all well in good if you show up hot to go with some really tooled out strategy that no one sees coming. Trick is to actually put it into effect. The simplest plan can wreck it.

I personally wouldn&#39;t build an army list to do yet. Just stick with the basics and evolve to suit your style of play.
    If a tree falls in the forest, and it lands on a mime, does anyone care?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ummm...that&#39;s actually 4 squads, because each WW is a single squad in itself, but you&#39;re right...maybe a pair of 20 soul defender squads instead of just one 15? About the support weapons...ummm...I actually don&#39;t really know myself. I&#39;ll see if I can run down to the store tomorrow and check out the EoT codex.

But USF? Basics? Is it possible to use those two in the same context? No seriously, what do you mean by basics? Like...a seer council, 2 defender squads, and a reaper squad with a storm squad and scorpions in reserve? I&#39;m a little in the dark here...

If I modify the strategy I put up top, should I make a second post, or just edit it? I don&#39;t want to be accused of spamming again.
    OMFG1337&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;111one

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You&#39;re thinking WAAAAY too big. Like....really WAAAAAAY too big. Armies take a hell of a lot of time to make, so START SMALL. Basics is a seer council, and a pair of good size (about 10-12) guardian defender squads. In the wraithgate a pair of storm squads and maybe some Dark Reapers.

And the basics strategy is bolt up, shooting as you can, and pop the wraithgate as support. Toss the storm guardians into combat to tangle up the units, and move via your discretion from there.

But I do have something to say....

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DON&#39;T START PLANNING UNTIL YOU HAVE ALL THE CODEXES YOU NEED&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

So....yah. I think I&#39;m done....

Anyone got any hints on how to take down Necrons? (Destroyer Lord, Monolith, and a hell of a lot of warriors) They tend to stay quite packed together.
    If a tree falls in the forest, and it lands on a mime, does anyone care?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast