Turbo Boost Question - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Turbo Boost Question

The people I was playing with today insisted that rule against Turbo Boosting through difficult terrain (say a forest) does not hold true as they can fly "above." it. Now, whereas I probably feel this to be an example of using the letter of the law to defeat the purpose, it is a curious question. Are jetbikes able to Turbo Boost OVER terrain completely ignoring that rule? I can definately see that restriction being only for bikes, which would of course be hindered by difficult terrain. I suppose the same question would go for water... bikes shouldbn't be able to turbo boost through it, but jetbikes can fly ABOVE it... I dunno. i suppose it kinda makes sense that that was meant specifically for bikes as they were mentioned in the same paragraph...

Any official ruling on this?

Heh, I guess I should hope that you can fly over! I play necrons.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Your friends were correct. Jetbikes can fly and end their turn over Difficult Terrain if they wish. Just because they Turbo-Boosted does not change this fact.

As for regular bikes, they can not Turbo Boost through Difficult Terrain.
    Last edited by Caluin; September 18th, 2005 at 17:00. Reason: I was wrong! NOOOOOO!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mind you, I'm a definitive newbie, but wouldn't making Difficult Terrain test defeat the purpose of Turbo Boost?

Earth> USA> NewYork> Schenectady> My Pants
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    74 (x4)

The offical ruling for Turboboosting (according to page 76 of the BG is that any bike that is Turboboosting may not move through difficult terrain (the rules do indeed change Caluin, but only for normal bikes). Jetbikes could always move over terrain, so they are exempt from this restriction. As they can also "hover" over terrain, they may end their TB(that's turboboost, not tuberculosis :p) move over difficult terrain.

So Jetbikes could fly over while normal bikes would have to move around difficult terrain.
    Gyauayuayuayua! Ja! Ve vill crush da little girly men in deir little girl men awrmor! Ve vill see owur enemies driven befowur us, und hear da lahmentaytions of deir wemen. Und from owur home planet, de stayte uf Califowurnia, ve vill lawunch owur mighty offensive. Even if you kill us, ve'll be bach!! Gyauayauyauyauyau!

-Arnoldunit Schwarzenecronegger; when questioned about the impending doom he would rain down upon the heads of his doomed enemies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Gojiratoho
    The offical ruling for Turboboosting (according to page 76 of the BG is that any bike that is Turboboosting may not move through difficult terrain (the rules do indeed change Caluin, but only for normal bikes). Jetbikes could always move over terrain, so they are exempt from this restriction. As they can also "hover" over terrain, they may end their TB(that's turboboost, not tuberculosis :p) move over difficult terrain.

So Jetbikes could fly over while normal bikes would have to move around difficult terrain.
    That's what I get for skimming over a paragraph while researching a rule. Apologies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And I need to apologize to you, Caluin. In my response to you I meant to say that regular bikes need to make a DANGEROUS terrain test, not a DIFFICULT terrain test. And apparantly I also completely misread your post!!! sorry bout that! Everyone ignore what I said!

And thanks yet again to Goji! He's always able to make confusing rules make sense!

Earth> USA> NewYork> Schenectady> My Pants
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    74 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Caluin
    That's what I get for skimming over a paragraph while researching a rule. Apologies.
    Skimming the rules, reading a post too quickly before you post at the end of a long day and then replying to it anyway, everybody does it
    Gyauayuayuayua! Ja! Ve vill crush da little girly men in deir little girl men awrmor! Ve vill see owur enemies driven befowur us, und hear da lahmentaytions of deir wemen. Und from owur home planet, de stayte uf Califowurnia, ve vill lawunch owur mighty offensive. Even if you kill us, ve'll be bach!! Gyauayauyauyauyau!

-Arnoldunit Schwarzenecronegger; when questioned about the impending doom he would rain down upon the heads of his doomed enemies.

+ Reply to Thread