Weighting bases - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weighting bases

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Weighting bases

a lot of my hormagaunts are falling over because they are off wight. usually it would be a simple matter of gluing a coin or washer in the base, but because they are slottered bases this is not so easy. what u would recommend to weight hormagaunts bases?
    cheers

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

"Shot". The stuff used in Shotgun Shells. You can buy it pretty cheaply, and one big bag will last you your entire 40K career. It's a bit messy, but works pretty well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Caluin
    "Shot". The stuff used in Shotgun Shells. You can buy it pretty cheaply, and one big bag will last you your entire 40K career. It's a bit messy, but works pretty well.
    Just make sure that you don't get the lead shot... that could ruin your day

Washers do work, if you don't mind a small metal bit sticking out of the bottom. Paint it black if you want
    Dreams give us a vision of a world unlike any we have seen. They present us with a glimpse of a better life; a goal to aspire to, and in the face of insurmountable odds, they provide us with the power to overcome, to live on, and to succeed where we would have otherwise failed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x4)

I used the tabs from my pewter models. They're usually small, and if they're too big they're easy to cut.
    Why do the survivors remain anonymous -- as if cursed -- while the dead are revered? Why do we cling to what we lose while we ignore what we still hold?
    Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place, and stand there still in each moment of our lives.

--Duiker, "Deadhouse Gates"

-Ostsol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

You could try filing/clipping/cutting a portion of the slot away from the underside of the base. That way your able to put a coin or washer under the base without it sticking out... :cool:

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for ya comments. i might try some small off cuts of metal and see how they go, if they don't work i'll have a look into shot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

well, metal offcuts aren't usually heavy enough for my likings, so I take the GW clipper (excellent for this purpose) and clip of the tab underneath, go back with a scalpel, removing bits I can't get to, and then have a space large enough that a single 1,-NOK can fit in there, perfect fit. the hormies are now heavy enough that I can actually place them fecing downwards on a hill without them toppling over. Sure, it takes some time, but placing them during gaming is a charm now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

does the hormie still stay well connected to the base? i guess if u take too much off it will be a weak join for the one hoof glued to the base. thanks for ya help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    92 (x2)

A cheap, easy and not as reliable method is to glue some bits of sprue onto the bottom of the base. You can easily shape it to fit, however, it's not as heavy, so, you hormies will only be a bit more stable. If you have the same problem with your leaping warriors, (I did), build up their bases with some metal terrain.
    Last edited by THE Hersh; September 19th, 2005 at 16:30. Reason: clarify
    A little pain never hurt anyone - Larry

Earth> USA> NewYork> Schenectady> My Pants
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    74 (x4)

My solution to top heavy Gaunts is to just glue a penny to the bottom of each base.
    Gyauayuayuayua! Ja! Ve vill crush da little girly men in deir little girl men awrmor! Ve vill see owur enemies driven befowur us, und hear da lahmentaytions of deir wemen. Und from owur home planet, de stayte uf Califowurnia, ve vill lawunch owur mighty offensive. Even if you kill us, ve'll be bach!! Gyauayauyauyauyau!

-Arnoldunit Schwarzenecronegger; when questioned about the impending doom he would rain down upon the heads of his doomed enemies.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast