Rules Lawyer needed concerning Farsight - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rules Lawyer needed concerning Farsight

Two questions that have been bothering me,

Can Farsight and his bodyguards be bonded?

Farsight must be taken as shown, but bonding does not appear to be to be an individual upgrade, but rather a squad upgrade. Codex says Farsight uses bodyguards as Commanders, but since he must be taken as shown...

Can Farsight be given Ork Fighter ability when he is given bodyguards?

Again, Farsight must be taken as shown, but when he takes bodyguards, "all" must recieve Ork fighter (codex failures to label who "all" exactly is). Is that just the bodyguards or Farsight included. Not to sure about this one, but I figured it was worth asking.

I humbly request people post what they KNOW, not what they THINK. This post is not what YOU THINK should work, I posted this thread to KNOW how is it SUPPOSED to work. Please forgive my curtness, I just wanted to drive that thought home. I know how bad Tau players are for tangents.

Who brings a Hammerhead to a 500 point fight?!
    -Local 'Nid Player

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    299 (x7)

Yes they can be bonded. This seems irrelevant. Lose one and you are over half strength. Lose two and farsight becomes an independent character that cannot hold objectives and can rally anyway.

Farsight cannot be given a 'further' orkfighter upgrade, he already has it. You must pay the 5pts per bodyguard when they are taken for farsight.
    Quote Originally Posted by rikimaru View Post
    You have the option for instance of infiltrating, outflanking, pillboxing, or anti assault.

And that's just with the Kroot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x5)

Indeed Farsight already has the Ork Fighter upgrade listed in his special rules (compare his WS and I to a normal Shas'o), the Ork Fighter is merely for his bodyguards.

The bodyguards for Farsight will obey the normal bodyguard rules from page 23. There is nothing to distinguish saying they cannot take bonding. Whether you would want to is another issue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah bonding is literally useless for what Onlainari said, but it is a legal option, if you feel like completely and utterly wasting 10 points.

And as the others said, Farsight already comes with Ork Fighter, and it is COMPULSORY to buy it for his bodyguard if you decide to take any, at 5 points per bodyguard.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by onlainari
    Yes they can be bonded. This seems irrelevant. Lose one and you are over half strength. Lose two and farsight becomes an independent character that cannot hold objectives and can rally anyway.

Does Farsight return too IC status when he loses his body guards? I was under the impression once he takes body guards he can no longer return to being an IC not matter what.

If figured as much for Ork fighter, but I just wanted to double check since it was worded akwardly.
    Who brings a Hammerhead to a 500 point fight?!
    -Local 'Nid Player

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All IC's with retinues revert to being IC's when their retinue dies. All of them.

+ Reply to Thread