just need a favor - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just need a favor

hey need to ask a favor of the nid players. my friends b-day is coming up and i figure i would get him somkething for his bugs.
    so far he has whats listed below. i would appreciate it if you could give me some tips on what would compliment his army.

32- hormaguants- leaping- scything
    9 -genestealers
    3- warriors- various weapons
    1 -old carnifex- its a long range bomber thingy- i hate this guy
    9 -termagaunts
    7 or so spore mines

he usually likes to bomb the crap out of with spore mines from the fex and some other big gun on the thing while his guants charge me

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x4)

Maybe a Hive Tyrant or a Brood Lord. Right now the only HQ he seems to have is those Warriors.
    Why do the survivors remain anonymous -- as if cursed -- while the dead are revered? Why do we cling to what we lose while we ignore what we still hold?
    Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place, and stand there still in each moment of our lives.

--Duiker, "Deadhouse Gates"

-Ostsol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

agreed, either of those would be useful, if you get a broodlord for him you might want to consider more stealers.
    From the unspeakable cold of the intergalactic void, an immeasurable alien intelligence moves ever closer. Barren husks of countless star systems lie in its wake.

The first tendrils of the Great Devourer, a single entity stretching over light years of space and controlled by the immortal Hive Mind, have probed our galaxy and found it rich in prey.

It has begun to feed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x5)

A Broodlord would be great for that list because it would turn the near ineffective brood or stealers into a powerful weapon. A tyrant could also be turned into a good shooter or something but I personally like the more tactical approach of the broodlord. It would allow them to infiltrate under the cover of the mines and he could really tear the enemies up. It would also provide some front line synapse.

I also think some raveners or biovores would be good. The raveners are nice and fast and I personally just love them but he might not like things like that.

The biovores would complement the long range bombing quite well and although everyone says they suck now I think they're fine because although you can't fire at different targets, you can just focus and destroy one squad at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by The Paint Monkey
    I can't offer anything new here but I just laughed my arse off that LO has an Irish accent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It seems that everyone is assuming you have a near-infinite budget. how big is yer wad of cash?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you have the cash, a second Carnifex is nice
    Or a Tyrant.
    (Tyrants are very versatile)

If Cash is a bit tight, a Broodlord is nice. (though, he may not have any plans on using it).

Cautiously poke him as to how he plans to modify and expand his army.
    Then pick up what he would like.. but isnt planning on getting any time soon.
    As of Tyranid 5th Ed. codex I have the Gaunts I wanted. I did, however, loose the sniperfexs I relied upon and they were more important then the gaunts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I were him, I'd probably get a Broodlord........or a ZOANTHROPE!!! They give off synapse, and drop more holes into your army. Good tank-buster (18" shot), troop hunter (24" blast shot) and leader (synapse), the perfect unit.....ah.....if only they could aim....
    "If a ninja does anything anywhere it won't make a sound, but if it does it's probably gonna be the last sound you hear."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you do have lots of money, and if you are his best, BEST friend, I suggest a Hive Tyrant. It's his birthday, he'd get some more gaunts from other people, and a Tyrant is the big leader that huge swarm needs. Plus, he's a darn good shooter (the best in the army).
    "If a ninja does anything anywhere it won't make a sound, but if it does it's probably gonna be the last sound you hear."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

I am really puzzled how a Carnifex can "shoot" spore mines. The Carnifex spore mine carapace only places the mine next to it making kind of useless. Only the biovore can shoot mines or you can buy mines as a fast attack choice that deep strike.

Does he have a codex?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x5)

You can deepstrike spore mines and he didn't say his carni could actually fire them. Do you have your codex?

Quote Originally Posted by The Paint Monkey
    I can't offer anything new here but I just laughed my arse off that LO has an Irish accent.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast