Acid Blooded Mutants - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I have a few Acid Blooded mutants in a brood, do I have to clearly distinguish them?

Similarly, do I have to warn my opponent in advance about them?

I mean, it's not like the enemy can just tell by looking at a tyranid that it has acid for blood, right?

Maybe I could secretly right down which ones in advance to prevent accusations of cheating? Maybe number the bases and list them on the same secret page that my lictor diployment is written?

<span style='color:orange'>And the lands shall burn from horizon to horizon.
    Just as the sun cannot be prevented from rising,
    Neither can the inevitable be halted or avoided.
    Hive Fleet Infernus shall scorch all worlds in its path.
    </span>

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You do need to indicate them, you can&#39;t suprise your opponent by saying "Hey, one of these has acid blood, but I&#39;m not telling you until he dies&#33;"

As far as showing it on the model, if you aren&#39;t good at modeling (like me), I would reccomend a different paint job to make him seperate from the rest of the unit (like bright red or green or some other color thats not being used in your paint scheme).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Unit04@Nov 10 2003, 128
    You do need to indicate them, you can&#39;t suprise your opponent by saying "Hey, one of these has acid blood, but I&#39;m not telling you until he dies&#33;"

As far as showing it on the model, if you aren&#39;t good at modeling (like me), I would reccomend a different paint job to make him seperate from the rest of the unit (like bright red or green or some other color thats not being used in your paint scheme).
    Why not? You get to surprise your opponent in a similar fashion when you spring your lictor from hiding.
    </span>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, but one surprise is legal and the other isn&#39;t. I&#39;ll let you figure out which one...

You do need to indicate which Tyranid has the Acid Blood mutation, which in turn means suffering from the "Shoot the Big Ones&#33;" rule depending on what brood it is. It seems stupid, I know. But you should have it written on your army list anyway.

As it says somewhere in the Codex, you need clearly show all biomorphs, bioweapons and mutations. So the opponent will most probably tell whether a Tyranid has the Acid Blood mutation.

You probably read or heard that melting plastic is an effective way of portraying the mutation, but this can get very messy and time consuming if you don&#39;t know how. It would be a safer bet to, as Unit04 said, paint the model a slightly different colour or give it special markings. Whatever way, make sure it&#39;s clearly different from the brood while still follwing the main colour scheme.

Hope that helps.

-Dismal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Dismal Euphony@Nov 10 2003, 14:14
    You do need to indicate which Tyranid has the Acid Blood mutation, which in turn means suffering from the "Shoot the Big Ones&#33;" rule depending on what brood it is. It seems stupid, I know. But you should have it written on your army list anyway.
    Yes, I have them on my army list. In this case, I have a brood of 8 rippers, 3 of which are acid blooded.

But how can they be targetted by "Shoot the Big Ones&#33;"? They are still all part of one ripper brood. STBO applies to entire broods (and TMCs), not individual models within a brood.
    </span>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

True, STBO doesn&#39;t really apply in this case, but some special attacks (the easiest one I can remember is the Vindicare Assasin) can target specific models, including mutants that are otherwise protected.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Easiest way that I have seen how to do it is to place multiple small "blobs" of puddy on the bottom of the shell. Paint them to appear as green acid filled glands.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh yes, that&#39;s right. Opponents can target a selected Tyranid unit, not an individual like I implied before. Sorry, my bad.

Putty or even Green Stuff (too damn expensive though) could work. Could get pretty messy if you don&#39;t know what you&#39;re doing but you shouldn&#39;t have any problems as long as you let it set. Just paint the putty so it looks acidic after it sets and only after.

-Dismal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so long as you do the modles slightly diffretn with iether a paint job or a bit of goo dripping from it mouth you dont have to tell your opponent ***** unless he asks. as long as the biomorph or matuation is made visable and clear.

XG

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x3)

Why dont you do waht they sed in the codex, melting a flying pole and streching the plastic? It looked pretty cool from where i was standing
    ps is there an easier way to make hive node mutants in gaunt squads than using warrior heads?
    --Monsieur

"Argue for your limitations and, sure enough, they're yours"
    -Zen proverb
    Have you been touched?
    Pirate's Haven

USE TEH REP BUTTON

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast