tau kickin space marine ass - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tau kickin space marine ass

Yesterday i was playing a small game of 40k against my friend. we both had 1 hq and 2troops. He had put his librarian with one of his squads and it was at the front. My commmander was just in range of his squad.I caused two wounds and he took them from the back of his squad and his librarian was the only model in range. i made him take his librarians invulnerable save and he was wounded.was i right in doing that because he was the only model in the squad in range.

I'll walk if you carry me.

If it took a man a week to run a fortnight,how many apples in a
    bunch of grapes?

How long is a piece of string?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he should rerad the rule about indipendant characters and close combat , and close combat rules in general. taking casualties must be done from units within range;2 inch,thus from the front.( read therulebook, as i don't want to violate copyright.). his lib counts as a seperate unit in cc.
    attacks can be seperated between units, depending on placement of models.
    In short.he didn't play properly.

my bad, didn't see he meant shooting, not close combat (isn't mentioned actually), thus making my post irrelevant. in shooting an IC CAN hide in a squad yes, and models are taken from the group he can see and that are in range. no taking models from outside the range of fire.
    His lib should be the casualty if i read your post right.

I try to use this rule too to try to eliminate special chars or units.
    Last edited by vindicator; September 24th, 2005 at 20:01. Reason: misread apperently

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    299 (x7)

vindicator? combat? tau? lol.

anyway, mabbo that was a very legitimate move. He can only lose models in range and LOS when shooting at them, IC doesn't matter at all.

It just becomes questionable on whether this tactic should be abused or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by rikimaru View Post
    You have the option for instance of infiltrating, outflanking, pillboxing, or anti assault.

And that's just with the Kroot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What you did was absolutly legal, and actually a good move by you ^_^

It just becomes questionable on whether this tactic should be abused or not
    Ya, that is a real problem. I know that some people I play with will do the ol' ruler move. He would take the ruler but move it an inch or so in front of the model, but still try to claim that it was legal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guy I used to play with did the "leap frog" thing with the ruler. Place the ruler in front of teh model touching the base, and then move the model so its back touches the end of the ruler. Always got an extra base length. Grrr.
    "I'd rather fight 100 Hammerheads than 20 Battlesuits" -Vinnie, an Ultramarine.

*Remember to use the Reputation ability! Click the yellow star beneath a name on the left side!*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shas'O Briguy
    Guy I used to play with did the "leap frog" thing with the ruler. Place the ruler in front of teh model touching the base, and then move the model so its back touches the end of the ruler. Always got an extra base length. Grrr.
    haha thats nothing...i played a guy who used to (he stopped after me and my friends made fun of him for it so much) move his squads all at once based on one model except he would "leapfrog" models way farther ahead than they should have been.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah a guy a know used to do that, until some firewarriors killed two of his termies in CC and ran down the rest (no retreat) :p .
    "Heresy is like a garden weed, it won't stop feeding until you... BURN THE WHOLE DAMN GARDEN WITH A FLAMER, BURN IT, BURN IT TO HELL!!!!!" "Is there a wittle puppy in the garden? ITS A DAEMON! BURN IT!"

+ Reply to Thread