How about this 1500 pt Army? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How about this 1500 pt Army?

Necron Lord
    -Rez Orb
    -Veil of Darkness

30x Warriors

10x Immortals

10x Scarrb Swarms

5x Destoryers

2x Tomb Spiders

-1,500 Points ON THE DOT!

So what does everyone think of this army?

This Army took me have 5 hours to think of....and coming out as 1500 points on the dot is pretty cool i think ^_^

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It sounds good to me, but you might think about trading something for a heavy destoryer or two( they've come in handy in a few occasions). Other than that I the list and the lord is equipped well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would change immortals for destroyers, I only say that cause I`m a destroyer freak (mobility + range + number of S6 shots...)
    If you want to depend on veil to move out of CC then bring another lord with orb , it may come in handy when you have so much warriors the destroyers/immortals are propably going to move out of orb range to get into shooting corridor

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sounds good, except what is meant to be anti-tank? If you maybe had a heavy destroyer or two, or you gave your scarab swarms distruption feilds?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    170 (x5)

Solid list.
    I just have two comments.
    1. Two Tomb Spyders may be a bit much at 1,500 points, though that depends on how you use them.
    2. I always shudder when I see a Lord equipped with both the Veil and the Orb.

Think about it: do you plan on charging into close combat with your Immortals afterwards? Probably not, because they shoot better than they fight. The Scarabs can zip ahead and take care of the weapons that can insta-kill Immortals, remember that Immortals are T5, so there's not much that can really kill them good.
    The Veiling Immortals is a great combination, and complements your list's speed nicely, so I would keep it, then drop the Orb and make a few of those Destroyers Heavy Destroyers, or buy another Destroyer and create two units of three.

WHFB: Dwarfs || WH40k: Imperial Fists, Necrons || WM/H: Trollbloods || BFG: Necrons

Earth> USA> NewYork> Schenectady> My Pants
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    74 (x4)

I don't think two Spyders are such a bad idea. His Res Orb is going to be off with his Immortal squad reaping all kinds of gauss lovin' as he bounces around the board. With 2 Spyders, he can really spread out his Warriors and remain effective. That, and if something manages to slip past his Scarabs or dodge his Immortals and close in HtH, Spyders are great at counter charging (provided they aren't facing Power Fists)
    Gyauayuayuayua! Ja! Ve vill crush da little girly men in deir little girl men awrmor! Ve vill see owur enemies driven befowur us, und hear da lahmentaytions of deir wemen. Und from owur home planet, de stayte uf Califowurnia, ve vill lawunch owur mighty offensive. Even if you kill us, ve'll be bach!! Gyauayauyauyauyau!

-Arnoldunit Schwarzenecronegger; when questioned about the impending doom he would rain down upon the heads of his doomed enemies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm

Ok so then if i need some more heavy support should i drop both tomb spiders and 2 destoryers and then pick up 3 heavy destoryers?

Is giving my Scarrb Swarms D Field really worth it? I mean whats the Advantages and Disadvantages?
    Last edited by Fayt; September 28th, 2005 at 19:18.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

74 (x4)

You really don't need Heavy Ds as often as you'd think. There really aren't that many armies with Armor 2 characters out there anyway. Ones that do have an armor class that low tend to be foot slogging figures anyway, so they can be ignored until you need to pour fire into them. It should take 6 wounds to fail one 2+ save (so 24 wounds on a Tyrant). If you find your self facing multi MC Tyranid lists or Termi heavy Marine lists, then Heavy Ds can be your best friend. They only draw back to them is their small unit sizes usually makes them priority targets.

DFields on Scarabs

Advantage: Against stationary tanks, you can pretty much rest assured that tank won't bother you anymore. Their tank busting power makes them bigger priorities, so they draw more fire from your Necron units.

Disadvantage: A unit that is a third again the price and can still be completely wiped out by one well rolled S6 or better Ord template. It's also a useless upgrade if you only plan on tying up units, as it only affects armor.
    Last edited by Gojiratoho; September 28th, 2005 at 19:21.
    Gyauayuayuayua! Ja! Ve vill crush da little girly men in deir little girl men awrmor! Ve vill see owur enemies driven befowur us, und hear da lahmentaytions of deir wemen. Und from owur home planet, de stayte uf Califowurnia, ve vill lawunch owur mighty offensive. Even if you kill us, ve'll be bach!! Gyauayauyauyauyau!

-Arnoldunit Schwarzenecronegger; when questioned about the impending doom he would rain down upon the heads of his doomed enemies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok so for a 1500 point army there probably wont be any tanks but maybe a few if your lucky...so i should just stay with this list and sub 2 destoryers and both tombs for 3 heavy destoryers for back up?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

74 (x4)

Personally, I'd keep it as is, or if anything drop the TSs for more Destroyers, but that's just me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast