1750 Tourny list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

9 (x1)

1750 Tourny list

Hi. I'm entering a 1750 tourny list soon and would like peoples opinions. (I've never fielded this many necrons before, so I'm sorry if the list looks a little lame).

Lord + Destroyer Body + Warsycth + Gaze of Flame + Phalactory (170)
    Lord + Res Orb (140)

14 Warriors (252)
    14 Warriors (252)
    14 Warriors (252)

Fast Attack
    4 Destroyers (200)
    7 Scarab swarms + DF (112)

Heavy Support
    2 Heavy Destroyers (130)
    Monolith (235)

Total 1743

The general plan was going to be a dark phalanx with the warriors and RO lord in the middle with covering fire from the Heavy D's. The monolith was going to DS into the enemy deployment zone and was meant to freak them out. Especially if i drop it next to a squad of troops or a tank and use the particle whip to destroy it. The Destroyer lord was going to flank and go tank hunting or hit soft infanty without power weapons and who are St3. Also the destroyers were going to flank and kill infantry or light tanks.

So, any thoughts?

2. Remove Advertisements

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1 (x1)

I don't care for it. It is a functional list, ut it does have some flaws.

You have alot of stuff that you say is for tank hunting. With Necrons, you really don't need it. Necrons can blow away any vehicle with in 24".

A lord running around by himself is a dead lord. Even against crappy infantry like guard. Enough attacks will bring him down. And crummy as they maybe, 20 guardsmen can do it.

Scarabs are good, but if you must, get rid of the heavy destroyers and get more scarabs in a second unit. 2 heavy des as a support unit is not enough, and you already have 4 regular des. to do that.

The problem really is that you have some support units that are overlapping and don't provide any gains.

Hvy destroyers are really nothing more than flying lascannons, good for killing terminators or wounding high T critters. if you can they work well to pick of Armor 10 vehicles.

Destroyers are flying Heavy bolters with a bit more strength, think of a weak assault cannon. Good for wounding and picking off armor 4+ stuff, but still worthless against marines and such. And they are no more effective agaunst high armor than a guass flayer.

The warriors are fine, but I would try to get in 4 units of 10 if you can swing it. Allows for more fire to be spread aroud and is great against orks and guardians.

Overall I think the list is OK, not what I would field, but we've beat that horse to death.

Play a few games with it and see how it does. Try to pay attention to what works and what does'nt.

+ Reply to Thread