Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Found this on another site and though y'all would enjoy it......
Tau M'Yen (Lit: Unforseen) Infiltration Enclaves
By: Exodite Jon
The normal Fire Warrior enclaves of the Tau embody certain martial tradition and theories, based on the battlefield tactic of a strong firebase, with fast moving rapid-response firepower units such as Crisis Teams. Occasionally a Shas'o or Shas'vre will have little affinity to the traditions of Tau warfare, either through innovative thinking during long campaigns, or having risen through the martial hierarchy in a less than typical manner. The most famous example of such break with tradition is that of Commander Farsight, whose enclave takes readily to the normally shunned practice of close quarter combat.
M'Yen (lit: Unforseen) Infiltration enclaves are comparatively rare throughout the Tau Empire, but it is not unknown for a Shas'o or Shas'el who has risen to his position from Stealth suit teams to favour that style of weaponry and warfare. Such enclaves field large numbers of Stealth Teams, and support troops specially trained in infiltration techniques. Such formations often rely on ambushing the enemy with forward placed troops before they are prepared (an 'unforseen' assault), then calling in support in the form of fast moving Hammerheads and Crisis Teams.
USING A TAU M'YEN ENCLAVE ARMY IN WARHAMMER 40,000
M'Yen Enclaves use the following army list and units from Codex Tau:
HQ: Stealth Commander (see entry below); XV15 Stealth Team Bodyguard (see entry below)
Elites: Fire Warrior Team; 0-1 Kroot Hunter Squad (see special rules)
Troops: 1+ XV15 Stealth Team; Kroot Carnivore squad
Fast Attack: Pathfinder Team; 0-1 Gun Drone Squadron
Heavy Support: 0-1 Crisis Team; Hammerhead Gunship
• Unforseen: The very nature of the M'Yen enclaves is to launch attacks when the enemy is least unaware. To represent this, the Tau player may re-roll the dice if the mission being played has a dice roll to see who gets the first turn.
• Trained Infiltrators: Fire Warrior squads may purchase the Infiltrate special ability at the cost of +5pts per model. Infiltrating Fire Warriors may not be mounted in a Devilfish.
• Drone Drop: Although rarely accompanying a M'Yen enclave on the ground, a M'Yen Commander often calls down support in the form of Drone squadrons dropped by Tiger Shark flyers. Drone squadrons can always Deep Strike regardless of scenario.
• Call in the Support: The tactics of M'Yen enclaves usually involve an ambush of force before the enemy is expecting an attack. Heavy Support is therefore left behind the ambush zone to avoid detection, and is called in for supporting fire when needed. All Heavy Support choices are always kept in reserve regardless of scenario (excepting attached Krootoxen).
• Chameleonic Plates: (+30pts) Any unit of Pathfinders or Fire Warriors mounted in a Devilfish must be given the 'Chameleonic plates' vehicle upgrade in order to deploy at the start of the game with the rest of the army. If the Devilfish is not given this upgrade, the unit must be placed in reserve along with any Heavy Support choices. Chameleonic plates employ sophisticated terrain-mimicking and outline disruption technologies, effectively masking the outline and location of the Devilfish, allowing units to lie in ambush with their vehicle. This technology is not readily available throughout the Tau Empire, and is usually only employed by the more radical stealth enclaves as it doesn't sit fully with traditional Tau martial sensibilities. Instead of setting up normally, the Devilfish and transported unit are deployed using the hidden set-up rules detailed in the Warhammer 40,000 rulebook, irrespective of mission being played, and with slight modifications. Rather than noting the position of the unit with a counter on the table, make a note of its location on a piece of paper kept hidden from your opponent. The Devilfish and unit can be set-up anywhere within the Tau player's deployment zone (not just in appropriate cover as is normal for hidden vehicles). Pathfinders retain their extra move and may deploy apart from the Devilfish as detailed in Codex Tau. They will also be hidden, and their position noted on the piece of paper (their new position may be outside of the Tau deployment zone). Hidden units may be detected and revealed as per normal as stated in the scenario rules. If there are no specific rules, the hidden unit is revealed after set-up, but before the first turn.
• Kroot Hunter Squad: M'Yen Enclaves continually search for ways of enhancing their battlefield techniques and the skills of their support units. With this end in mind, Kroot Carnivores that are particularly skilled in fieldcraft are given additional training by the Tau to improve their already prodigious abilities. Up to one Kroot Carnivore squad can be upgraded to a Kroot Hunter squad. The squad becomes an Elites choice and consists of 5-10 Kroot Hunters. The unit replaces its Kroot Rifles with Kroot Hunting Rifles (count as sniper rifles). All Carnivore squad rules apply to the Hunter squad, and the Shaper may be upgraded to take Tau equipment. Note that Kroot Hunting Rifles do not have the close combat blades as mounted on Kroot Rifles, so Hunters do not gain the +1 Attack bonus. Also note that this entry is different to the Hunter entry found in the Kroot Mercenary Army list.
STEALTH COMMANDER (SHAS'EL OR SHAS'O)
Shas'o 75 Points WS:4 BS:5 T:4 S:3 W:4 I:3 A:4 Ld:10 Sv:3+
Shas'el 40 Points WS:3 BS:4 T:4 S:3 W:3 I:3 A:2 Ld:9 Sv:3+
Equipment: Stealth Commanders are equipped with an XV15 Stealth Battlesuit. The above profile has been amended to include the suit's enhancement. In addition he may select additional equipment from the Tau Armoury.
Options: The Commander may replace the burst cannon on his Stealth suit with a plasma rifle at +20pts. The Commander may also be equipped with a specially modified Stealth Suit incorporating a shield generator at +20pts.
Independent Character: Unless accompanied by a Bodyguard, the Commander is an Independent Character and follows the special rules in the Warhammer 40,000 rulebook. If accompanied by drones, he may still join other units as an Independent Character.
Bodyguard: The Commander may be accompanied by an XV15 Stealth Bodyguard Team, see the separate entry below. The Commander and his Bodyguard count as a single HQ choice.
Stealth Suit: The Commander benefits from all of the XV15 Stealth Battlesuit special rules as detailed in Codex: Tau.
XV15 STEALTH TEAM BODYGUARD
Shas'vre 40 Points WS:3 BS:3 T:4 S:3 W:1 I:3 A:2 Ld:8 Sv:3+
Team: A Team consists of 2-5 Shas'vre. There can only be 0-1 team per Commander.
Equipment: Shas'vre bodyguards are equipped with an XV15 Stealth Battlesuit. The above profile has been amended to include the suit's enhancement. They may also select additional equipment from the Tau Armoury.
Options: Up to two members of the Bodyguard may upgrade their Burst Cannons to Plasma Rifles at +15pts each.
Bonded: The team may be bonded by Ta'lissera at a cost of +10pts for the whole team. They will not carry a bonding knife but will have a knife design painted onto their battlesuits.
Stealth Suit: The Bodyguard benefits from all of the XV15 Stealth Battlesuit special rules as detailed in Codex: Tau.
THAT MY FRIEND IS AWSOME!!!!!!!!GREAT IDEA :ph34r:
If you are interested in lizardmen check out
<a href='http://s7.invisionfree.com/garoq_gar/index.php?act=idx' target='_blank'>The Spawning Pool</a>
<a href='http://www.thespawningpool.com' target='_blank'><img src='http://www.geocities.com/thespawningpool/link_banner.gif' border='0' alt='user posted image' /></a>
But the chaemeleonic thing should be either less points or be setup anywhere on the board, but more than 18" form enemy, and the if the devilfish stayed still in te last turn, ten it counts as having stealth armour for that turn.
Apathy is the greatest enemy of all.