Yet another new ork player - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x1)

Yet another new ork player

Well i've just started getting into orks after being a tau player for a while.

I've obtained the ork codex, the armegeddon codex and the feral ork codex. Now being a tau player for a while i'm looking for a ork army that is part shooty part assaulty. The best way I have found to do this is to add kroot snipers (I have a small kroot merc army) and a basilisk in. Are there any better ways to do this? Another thing i'm looking for is cost, I don't want to be spending bucket loads of money on this army, so I was thinking of scratch building most vehicles, tanks and dreadnoughts.

Which subsection of the army would most suit my playing style?

I'm leaning towards badmoons, death skulls, speed freaks or feral orks at the moment.

Thanks in advance AoS

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Back in action! Lord Yossanrion's Avatar
    Canberra, ACT, Australia, reading "Make-Out Paradise."
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    206 (x6)

Well well well,

If you want shooty orks Tankbustas seem to be a good investement. Also zzzap guns are items which cannot be ignored.

Also remember that the bassie is not the only looted tank you can get. The Leman Russ is particulary Formidable, and is one of the only tanks which can bounce plasma of its front armour. ^_^ I might take one in my list now...

I'm always a fan of funny orky charcters, and so a Big Mek would fit well in your army, w/ all his orky contraptions.

badmoons, death skulls, speed freaks or feral orks at the moment.
    Badmoons- would a fun army to play, and suprise your opponent w/ ork shootyness. Would be interesting.

Death Skulls - Really like the sound of these guys, and especillay the color scheme. I love 'em.

Feral Orks - If you like converting, modelling, and having wierd boyz. And better BS.

Speed Freaks - this list is one of the few that scares me. Enough said.

Enjoy, and bring those 'dexs tomorrow!

~Yossanrion
    Anzac Clan!
    Final Fantasy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x2)

Good Choice!

Well, thats quite a change! Tau to Orks! You made a good choice, the Orks are a hoot to play, and even when you lose, they lose lots of their own guys too. but as for shootiness, go Big Shootas all the way! Assault 3, str 5? Very Nice. Twin-link those bad boys, and you might even hit something! . Ive found that when it comes to vehicles, go with Traks/Buggies and give them twin-linked Big Shootas. If you have any friends with armies, ask for spare bits, because with the orks, you can make whole vehicles with those scrap bits! I recommend making a Battlewagon with these parts if you get them, its cheap, and dead ard'! You can also give it a Zzap gun, which is awesome since it bypasses the Orks terrible accuracy. The kroot snipers sound like a good idea, pin down the enemies with them while the ladz slog up to them, good idea! As for a specific klan, i would go with the Death Skulls, this way you can lay down hails of fire with your lootas, and their Klan color is Blue! the ork color of luck! As for looted vehicles, Leman Russ all the way. its much tougher and more reliable. Good Luck! And may the orks be with you! (sorry i couldnt resist!)

p.s-there are rules on the gw website for the different klans, in case you didnt know!
    Do it fer da ladz, come join da Ork Klan here!

Blood Axes W/L/D-------- 9/7/3
    Warboss Grorg of the Ork Klan!
    Commander of the Rebel Alliance in the STAR WARS CLAN

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    129 (x8)

Welcome to the green ranks, i hope you like converting and scratch-building, because that's the only way to get good looking vehicles in this army.
    Warhammer Fantasy: Warriors of Chaos, High Elves
    Warhammer 40k: Eldar, Space Marines, Orks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x2)

yeah, they should seriously redo the ork wartrukk,trak,and buggy. I mean, they still have the stinking Gorkamorka orks in them for pitys sake! :x
    Do it fer da ladz, come join da Ork Klan here!

Blood Axes W/L/D-------- 9/7/3
    Warboss Grorg of the Ork Klan!
    Commander of the Rebel Alliance in the STAR WARS CLAN

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you want shooty then look no further than the tooth rich Bad Moons. That is the army I play and I just posted a list here:

http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...ad.php?t=47719 ([2000 pt. Bad Moonz])

With Bad Moons you can do two important shooty things... take as many Battlewagons as you have Heavy Support slots and you can take the Elite Flash Gitz as Troops choice. Their More Dakka upgrade makes them very, very shooty.... although they might not hit anything!

+ Reply to Thread