Mass points. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mass points.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mass points.

Hello again,

As some of you may know I've been building some monstrosities. The first one is done (looks horrible but that's what I get for using cheap modeling stuff) and ready to fight my friend. They have agreed to go against it. The only concern is about critical wounding and sniper rifles.

A critical wound is depicted as a wound large enough to severly damage it's overall structure (for mass points). An ordinance weapon that has strength >= toughness always gets a critical wound. Non ordinance of the same get's a critical on a 4+. Everything that has strength less than the toughness only crits on a 6. The question is, since sniper rifles always wound on 4+ how would this be resolved for critical wounds?

A thought I had was (since I'll be playing eldar with mostly rangers :ninja: ) that when they get their AP1 shot it could count for a 4+ otherwise it would be 6+.

What do you guys think?

From the unspeakable cold of the intergalactic void, an immeasurable alien intelligence moves ever closer. Barren husks of countless star systems lie in its wake.

The first tendrils of the Great Devourer, a single entity stretching over light years of space and controlled by the immortal Hive Mind, have probed our galaxy and found it rich in prey.

It has begun to feed.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x2)

i believe that the rangers still wound you on a 4+, you then get your armor save, then they see if they manage to take off a mass point, which they need a 6+ for. But I could be wrong since sniper rifles don't have a strength value
    Dreams give us a vision of a world unlike any we have seen. They present us with a glimpse of a better life; a goal to aspire to, and in the face of insurmountable odds, they provide us with the power to overcome, to live on, and to succeed where we would have otherwise failed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x5)

No clue I really think that many of the rules regarding sniper rifles need to be cleared up so controvery will end.:argh: I think that you would go with whatever the toughness of your beast as the strength you use for the sniper.

Quote Originally Posted by The Paint Monkey
    I can't offer anything new here but I just laughed my arse off that LO has an Irish accent.

Tyranid Warrior Fanatic Phalanx's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x7)

I think that snipers have S equal to the T of the target, so it would deal a critical wound on a 4+. If I'm wrong, it says that weapons without a strength always need a 6 to deal a critical wound. I hope that clears it up.
    40K armies: Tyranids (2001), Space Wolves (2008), Sisters of Battle (2011)
    Current Rep: 1337

+ Reply to Thread