Apposing The Toa And Tyranids - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good Evening,

I am fairly new to this game and was looking as to what army to invest in. My opponents will be playing the Tyranids and the Toa and so in your past experiences what helped you to win or is it just a bad idea for the most part to fight these armies overall

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I play both, Dark Eldar and Tyranids, so I can quite guess what would be effectiv. All your weapons will go trough standart armor, since no gants or stealers have better saves then 5+. A lot of splinter canons will propably work quite good, too, so get out the scourges.
    Dark lances are perfect to kill the bigger creatures, tyranids warriors will be instakilled by them, and even a Hivetyrants and Carnifex wounds will melt down really fast, since you wound them on 2+ and they have no kind of save against that.
    Whiches are good to bind the nasty stealers, while your succubus will make mince mice out of them.
    If you are a fan of those hellmasks and stuff like that, better leave it at home because of the hive mind and the generally high moral.
    Dont dismounting your raider squads could be a good idea, too, since most tyranid weapons cant penetrate them (yeah, feel quite invulnerable in your indestructable raiders :lol: ), at least against the small gants. Stealers of course can rip them apart, but thats what the splinter canons are made for.

Against tau I cant give you any good tips or tactics, since I neither play nor played against them. But they are really weak in CC so try to et there as quickly as possible, maybe leaving some sniper squads in your deployment zone to deal with that crisis suites and tanks. i think they are also quite vulnerable against shooting, at least that fire warriors, so donĀ“t save the points for that splinter canons.

I hope I could give you some helpful insight, and may you come home with many slaves and creatures for our gladiator pits.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so what guys should be put in the army that both the Toa and Tyranids will learn to fear. It seems some raiders and probly some whiches but are there others that should quickly be a most

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dont try to out shoot tau.

take yur archon and co.'s raider. drive it 24" stright into the face of the tau line and turn the raider sideways. WHEN they blow it up, jump out in back so they cant shoot you, using the raider as cover. then walk right through their entire army with that famed retinue of yours.
    <insert witty remark here>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

or he could make a dummy hq and 2 sniper squads in and make the rest reserves through webway&#33; have some jet bikes wyches, 2 talos, grotesque, and some raider squads&#33; just stomp him from above&#33; the good thing if you use webway you can move, use fleet of foot and charge (only use fof if neccerserly) otherwise&#33; drop in with sourges and sybrite, opes webway, and the 4 others open fire at his broadsides with their insta killer weapons (dark lance) found it very usefull against a 2500 point army&#33;&#33;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But you canĀ“t open the webway in the round the scourges deep strike or just moved, because its used like a heavy weapon, so you have to stand still in the movement phase ... what makes it quite hard to use right. Damn those Ultwe Eldar how can move and activate it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WHAT&#33; DAMH that they gotta change, *****es me off, thats really CHESE, ill file in complaints, ill even terrorise GW for that, man that is anoying, Utwe eldar can but not dark eldar&#33; Grrrrr, now i have to make my army way differant, and i just bought a talos&#33;&#33; GRRRRRRR

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I too donĀ“t get it why that Ulthwe Eldar can do some cool stuff with the warpportal, and we, the notorious fast dark eldar, snail around when using it *sigh*.
    Maybe they just forgot to update it when they released the ulthwe book, like they did whith the terminator and chaos terminator armour, until they made the thingy with the 5+ invul. save offical for both. :huh:
    On the other hand the U.Eldar totally depend on the WPF and have to deploy at least halve there army with it, while we dark eldar have many other means of getting fast from point a to b.
    So lets talkt to GW about this, they might change it so the WPF works the same for both armys.
    At the moment you can hardly us it any earlyer then the 3rd turn ... turn one to get to where you want to deploy it, turn two you have to stand still and do nothing but activating it (and maybe shooting with the other members in teh squad), so that in turn tree (if your squad survives the enemies shooting phase) your troups can jump out ... taking away the surprise moment since your enemie has at least one round to react acordingly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can always give the scourge carrying the warp gate a shadow gate, that way he has a good chance of living. I don&#39;t actually do this, but it might work if your willing not to give it to your lord.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

theres no such thing as a shadow gate. not accordign to my Dark eldar codex second edition&#33; but the reason i want to use hte webway, is because i have 2 talos with, and thinking of making some 20 warrior squads just for trashing the opponits forces&#33; he he but still 2 sniper squads 2 darl lances with 8 meat shields&#33;&#33; so evil
    or 2 dark lances with 18 meat shields&#33; that would be more evil but less good in small places

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast