Waaargh / Waaagh - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how does this power work i hear it boosts init, but my friend who im playing soon wont tell me wot it does, also he claims he can hide behind grots, i belvie him an all btuonce again he wont tell em the cercumstances.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    242 (x6)

I'm not sure if we can tell you that. Mods help him out here. Is that something GW would get *****ed off about? Being rules and all or is it only stats that they crack down on?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bah, those rules you can find on the warhammer public site, nothing confidential about it. Go to a game and it'll be announced.

Anyway, working off memory, the waaaagh doubles a units initiative value for the turn that it charged only, if it makes a 2d6 roll under then number of models in that unit. The Waaagh banner allows a reroll if it fails.

The gretchin provide a 5+ invuln cover save for any units hiding behind them. However, for every save he makes, he has to remove 1 gretchin from the squad that is in front of it. If the gretchin are not between the squad you're shooting at and the squad you're shooting from, he doesn't get this roll.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so if the close combat is still going on, on the following turn then the ork init returns to its original low number?
    If so then this is really what i wanted to know.
    Grechins: how in the way to u mean straight line between orks and ur men? or just generally imbetween.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll quote:

"Any Ork mobs which are shot at 'through' a Grot mob can claim a 5+ cover saving throw. Each save made by the Orks means one of the Grots must be removed as a casualty"

I think a better wording would have been to use 'passed' instead of 'made' above, but still that is the gist of it.

Also, fyi, the waaagh power also works when you're doing a sweeping advance. But you're right, only for the turn they are assaulting/charging in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

but it isnt passed as i see it(without a codex), because to be able to make the save pass or fail the grot/grechin would have to die wouldnt it, and therefore every save made passed or failed a grot.grechin dies, makes alot more sense and justifies you quote.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x3)

Waaagh only applies to the turn the orks charge but i rekon that it should carry on after that, cos orks live to get into combat! trust me, my brother has orks and he beats nearly everything i can throw at him (quite alot with 5 armies&#33 Orks kick everything in in cc except chosen terminators with power weapons, a shame when they've got kick-ass choppas
    --Monsieur

"Argue for your limitations and, sure enough, they're yours"
    -Zen proverb
    Have you been touched?
    Pirate's Haven

USE TEH REP BUTTON

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

choppas trump terminator armor... Don't forget, a choppa reduces the saving throw to at BEST 4+ on a save. That plus 4 attacks per round for one of the boyz and up to 20 in the mobz means a LOT of dice to try and make saves for. Terminators don't get 2+ on their saves vs. choppas. Also, with a doubled initiative on the round that they assault (only the 1st round they assault) they can usually get the first attack, or at least get a simultaneous attack with marines. Marines just can't chug through enough orcs in close combat to 'win' a fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Da powa of da WAAAGH! is da Ork gods werkin da boyz inta a killin frenzy so dat we kin beat all da uver races in a fight...WAAAGH!

The Orks only get it on the charge, if you pass yer Waaagh test. [die roll]
    Doubles Initiative for the first round of CC, and ya get all the normal bonuses for entering CC.
    "Da Orks is da best cuz we ar ded ard an killy, mean, green, krumpin machines, hav da most dakka, da stompiest dreads, da shootiest gunz, da biggest bosses, an we uze choppas...WAAAGH!"
    Warlord Hakbash

Closed Thread