Lictor Concealment - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x2)

Lictor Concealment

Suppose your opponent has a unit in (or within 1" of) a piece of terrain. Further suppose you successfully deep strike a Lictor into this same piece of terrain. After rolling scatter you end up touching or within 1" of the opposing unit.

The deep strike rules are modified for Lictors if they are going to leave terrain, however nothing is mentioned regarding deep striking too close to an opposing unit. So in the above scenario Mr. Lictor would be entitled to a rather severe spanking.

Is there any errata or clarifications to this rule that would change this? It feels a bit out of character with the idea of striking from under cover... 'Oops, if only I had given them more time to respond I'd have been safe. Curses.' However, I've been unable to find any rules regarding this.

Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Dole
    Suppose your opponent has a unit in (or within 1" of) a piece of terrain. Further suppose you successfully deep strike a Lictor into this same piece of terrain. After rolling scatter you end up touching or within 1" of the opposing unit.

The deep strike rules are modified for Lictors if they are going to leave terrain, however nothing is mentioned regarding deep striking too close to an opposing unit . So in the above scenario Mr. Lictor would be entitled to a rather severe spanking.
    Think you answered your own question. I bolded it. As for Errata, no, there is no errata for this.

It's actually a very common practice to hole up in cover to keep Lictors from DSing on your troops. Instead of seeing it as the Lictor jumping on the unit, think of it as the unit systematically clearing out the woods/building/what have you since they're trained to look for Lictors when facing Tyranids.

+ Reply to Thread