Synapse Creature considered a psychic power? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Synapse Creature considered a psychic power?

Is "Synapse Creature" considered a Psychic Power.

The reason I ask is because Inquisitors can be anti-psychic powers... and I wanted to know if they could technically block the "Synapse Creature" power....

The reason this comes up is because "Synapse Creature" is listed as a psychic power under the Zoanthrope list. However, it just comes with Brood Lords, Hive Tyrants, and Warriors.

I'm assuming that because Synapse is a persistant power that it can never be blocked by any anti-psychic power anyway... but it would be good to know what Synapse is considered technically.

Let me know what you know!

_PEZ

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

I can't tell you if the power can be blocked by Inquisitors, as I don't have their rules, but Synapse is indeed considered a Psychic Power.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think anti-psychic powers generally can only block powers that require a leadership test to play. Since Synapse Creature is persistant I don't think it can be affected.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    81 (x2)

The Witch Hunters have an ability that negates non-leadership test-requiring psychic powers, but only those that effect the Witch Hunters (if I recall correctly... I've only played them once, and it was just after the 4th edition book came out), so synapse should be uneffected.

Other powers exist that negate psychic powers, but only if a psychic test must be rolled (I don't know the specifics of that, either).

In a cave underneath the great mountains gaurding a treassure you'll never find
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x3)

I don't think that they can do so, but I think that they can counter a Warp Field and it doesn't require a test to use
    Dragons do flame.... but only when they are upset or they want to

According to new signature rules my hydra (the only reason for it to be here was to please Caluin) have been removed. But still dragons pwnz hydras anytime

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by PoptartsNinja
    The Witch Hunters have an ability that negates non-leadership test-requiring psychic powers, but only those that effect the Witch Hunters (if I recall correctly... I've only played them once, and it was just after the 4th edition book came out), so synapse should be uneffected.
    If you're referring to the Null Rod, then you're correct. Only powers that affect the weilder of the rod get nullified. Synapse only affects the Tyranid player's units and Warp Field only affects the model that has it. Of course Psychic Scream and Warp Blast are affected, even though they require no test. With regard to Psychic Scream, however, the power itself isn't nullified. It just cannot affect the unit(s) with the Null Rod. Any other units in range may still be affected.
    Why do the survivors remain anonymous -- as if cursed -- while the dead are revered? Why do we cling to what we lose while we ignore what we still hold?
    Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place, and stand there still in each moment of our lives.

--Duiker, "Deadhouse Gates"

-Ostsol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x2)

It states in the Tyranid codex that only powers that require a psychic test (like Warp Blast) can be cancelled by abilities and/or wargear. Powers such as Synapse and Psychic Scream cannot be "cancelled" in any way.

The way I read it though the Null Rod will still prevent Psychic Scream from affecting the =I= and the unit he has joined as the Null Rod does not "cancel" the power it simply prevents it from affecting the =I= and his unit/retinue. It would still affect every other unit in range.

The key word in the codex is "cancelled". Wargear like a psychic hood attempt to prevent the power from happening at all. Tyranid psychic abilities not requiring a LD test are unaffected by these types of wargear. However, abilities/wargear such as Grey Knight Power Armor and the Null Rod simply protect the unit from having the power affect them. Since these do not prevent the power from functioning they will protect them as normal.
    I do not criticize. I do not offend. All I offer is my opinion which means only as much as you make it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x5)

Yeah synapse can vever be cancelled out ever. I haven't heard of anything that could do it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Paint Monkey
    I can't offer anything new here but I just laughed my arse off that LO has an Irish accent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I heard from a friend that sisters (or WH?) had some kind of grenade/attack that could make a model loose its psychic power.

Any one know what he was takling about?
    As of Tyranid 5th Ed. codex I have the Gaunts I wanted. I did, however, loose the sniperfexs I relied upon and they were more important then the gaunts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x5)

Doesn't matter. Only tyranid powers that require a test can be cancelled.

Quote Originally Posted by The Paint Monkey
    I can't offer anything new here but I just laughed my arse off that LO has an Irish accent.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast