Wraithlord Model - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    198 (x7)

Wraithlord Model

Sorry for making another wraithlord thread but.........

Am I the only one who thinks that the wraithlord model is terrible? Its in a static pose and its 90% legs and no torso...... It looks so out of preportion. Does anyone have any modelling tips to make it a bit better? Maybe someone has reposed it? Does anyone have an alternative? I was thinking about epic phantom or warlock titans (the big ones) but I don't think they are big enough, I can't tell though because I don't have an epic titan.

This is probably not a constructive thread but I had to get it off my mind.......

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Bogan
    Teno, you are so godlike I almost creamed my pants!
    Tenozuma - The Burninator... I came, I saw, I posted.
    Dark Eldar player.

Feel free to PM if you want any advice or help with anything.
    Assume everything I say has a "what I think" disclaimer.

Hang out with all the other Aussie and NZ members at The ANZAC Clan.
    Need advice, want to talk warhammer or just want a laugh? Come on LO Chat. http://www.librarium-chat.com/

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

The basic design is essentially from Rogue Trader, with the current model from 2nd ed.

With that in mind, it isn't a bad model, but it is showing its age (like the rangers) and you can't get hold of the 2nd arm with a flamer .

It's wraithlords, vyper gunners, rangers and the avatar that are almost certain to get a new model with the new codex (in the dark future).

Marines only saw their 2nd ed terminators updated with this edition, after all (And their posing was just as bad!).

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Try bending the legs into different poses, that's what I did. By the way I don't think the Wraithlord is from the 2nd Edition, I think that one had on of its arms replaced by a heavy weapon.
    "They say the Darkness consumes you. They don't say what happens after It's done."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    129 (x8)

You can pose it a bit different, with some iron will, green stuff, super glue and stuff for the base. My Wraithlord has a walking pose, for example.
    Warhammer Fantasy: Warriors of Chaos, High Elves
    Warhammer 40k: Eldar, Space Marines, Orks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

170 (x5)

The Wraithlord may be old, but Epic has new Eldar Titans out. Their models are about the same size as a Wraithlord and their bitz are largely compatible. If you play with more than one Wraithlord, as I do (it's OK, I'm Iyanden ) then they are indispensable for adding variety.

Until then, we just get to wait for a few years until the plastic Wraithlord comes out.

WHFB: Dwarfs || WH40k: Imperial Fists, Necrons || WM/H: Trollbloods || BFG: Necrons

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

198 (x7)

I don't think ranger models are that bad, after all why would I want to start an alaitoc force if the models are bad, similarly the vyper pilots are cool, its just the jetbike pilots that are showing their age. But i'll still wait for the new rangers jsut to be sure and buy other things, maybe some storm guardians or striking scorpions.

@ Quikasawink: Do you actually have an epic titan? Because if you do and as you say it is the same size, I Might get a phantom titant (maybe a warlock).

Dark Eldar player.

Need advice, want to talk warhammer or just want a laugh? Come on LO Chat. http://www.librarium-chat.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

170 (x5)

Teno', I do have a completed Eldar Phantom Titan. (Epic, not Forgeworld )
    I also bitz-bashed two Wraithlord out of Wraithlord and Phantom/Warlock Titan parts.

They're not exactly the same size, but they're certainly close enough to where their componentry is largely compatible with only a little conversion, particularly the legs and the aerials in the back.

I agree that there should be more variety in the Wraithlord model, though. As imposing as they are, they should be relatively unique, suited to the nature of the spirit occupying it.

...And that's a fantastic idea! The Wraithlords should be able to be modified according to the pilot-soul. For example, a Fire Dragon Wraithlord would have two Fusion guns and a Firepike, short ranged, but with extra penentration dice against vehicles; a Dark Reaper Wraithlord would be able to trade his Dreadnought Close-combat Weapons for Reaper Launchers. These chassis upgrades would, of course, come at a steeper points cost, but I think it would add a little bit of variety.

WHFB: Dwarfs || WH40k: Imperial Fists, Necrons || WM/H: Trollbloods || BFG: Necrons

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Quickasawink
    ...And that's a fantastic idea! The Wraithlords should be able to be modified according to the pilot-soul. For example, a Fire Dragon Wraithlord would have two Fusion guns and a Firepike, short ranged, but with extra penentration dice against vehicles; a Dark Reaper Wraithlord would be able to trade his Dreadnought Close-combat Weapons for Reaper Launchers. These chassis upgrades would, of course, come at a steeper points cost, but I think it would add a little bit of variety.
    With that in mind you could almost have a "venerable" wraithlord as some form of HQ choice.

Aside from the fact it could lead to 5 wraithlord armies .

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

170 (x5)

Perhaps the "Venerable Wraithlord" could be the spirit of a Farseer or Warlock piloting the Wraithconstruct. It wouldn't be as killer in close combat, but it would be a nice solid platform to get off a few psychic abilities.

Five Wraithlords in an army. Perish the thought. *shudder*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

198 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by Quickasawink
    Teno', I do have a completed Eldar Phantom Titan. (Epic, not Forgeworld )
    I also bitz-bashed two Wraithlord out of Wraithlord and Phantom/Warlock Titan parts.

They're not exactly the same size, but they're certainly close enough to where their componentry is largely compatible with only a little conversion, particularly the legs and the aerials in the back.

I agree that there should be more variety in the Wraithlord model, though. As imposing as they are, they should be relatively unique, suited to the nature of the spirit occupying it.

I think I like this idea.......... well.... at least the fire dragon one...... oh and to that other guy who said 5 wraithlords, the maximum you can possibly have is 3 unless your taking harlequin allies using the rules from eldaronline

Dark Eldar player.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast