Help With Color Schemes! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just started a tyranid army and im having a hard time deciding what colors look good together. I am pretty sure what my carapace color is, Brazen Brass. But the skin part of the model is the one thats giving me the problems. Please add any comments or suggestions and your color scheme for your army.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

do what looks good too you and only you dont take people advice. i mean i have a few pics of my colour scheme posted in painting section i think it locks *****ing great but no one els likes it.

and to find my scheme i sacrificed a termie adn painted him about 6 times.

XG

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why not us a model with all metal compnents and keep striping it?

i used to like my paint design but its getting boring and im making different units diffent colors currently im using enchanted blue and red gore, with scropion green eyes and weapons tubes,and pink tongues, i have just changed my hormagaunts do using bleached bone for the scything talons themselves, because red gore was getting borring, im hoping to paint he genestealers(14 of them) one of the really bright oranges but id like to know of GW would let be use an army like this?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A lot of people believe that Tyranids should be restricted just to darker colours. While their style those suit darker colours it doesn't stop from using brighter colours. The only colour scheme for Tyranids that I REALLY hate is that five coloured one that GW used for the 2nd Edition Tyranids. It made the Tyranids look really cartoony in my opinion.

And X-Griffin, I don't know what those people are on about. Because I've seen your pictures, well the Ravener anyway, and I don't mind the colour scheme. It's definitely a nice paintjob and there's a good contrast between flesh and carapace without crossing 2nd Edition borders. All in all, I think it looks great but as you said, perceptions differ.

Now then, I'd recommend using a sacrifical model to find a good colour scheme. If you're going to make contrasting colours, don't nessecarily think complementary colours. Take Haemogod's scheme for example. I've personally seen the Bleached Bone/Enchanted Blue combination before and it looks stunning if done right. Red Gore would look alright but not as good.

In short, try and contrast the colours but don't go overboard. Just find a happy medium.

My two cents...

-Dismal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

heh i didint know that color scheme had been used before(made it up), i dont think p sepcified waht i do in the last post: red gore feet and carapace right up to the scything talons then the talons them selves and that little nobbly but just behind them aswell in bleached bone and enchanted blue skin, im not a very good painter although i dont slop it on, i used to like enchanted blue, i did an army of SM that color (because ultramarines blue looks rubbish in my opinion) nad a load of dark eldar warriors(just warriors)iv just spent 2 1/2 hours on my hormagaunts a nd i havent finished one(altough due to finding it really had to paint glued plastic models which leads me to painign them in bits and glueing them this creats a great effect with my termagaunts).

Also has anyone ever looked at an enchanted blue army in very little lighted areas? The color looks fantastic, in the almost darkness, and white teeth stand out a bit too much.

But i still dont know if its fesable to ahve a vlue army with something light scorpion green,lightning orange or sunburst yellow genestealers in the same army.

I belive that dark colored tyranids dont look menecing they just look well lazy.
    Whereas the bright colored ones look like they arnt scaird of being seen, due to wieght of numbers, somethng genestealers will never have, but i not mind.

Once again this is only my opinion(i'll av to put this in my sig)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x3)

any carapace that even resembles brown should go with dark angels green, its like an unwritten rule, it kicks ass especially with 50+ hormagaunts hurtling towards you. And its much easier to paint stuff be4 glueing it, you just gotta touch up the metal stuff
    --Monsieur

"Argue for your limitations and, sure enough, they're yours"
    -Zen proverb
    Have you been touched?
    Pirate's Haven

USE TEH REP BUTTON

Closed Thread