What's my name again? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's my name again?

Hey, if there is one thing i really suck at is making up names. So, i've coming to u all for some help. I'm looking for a hive fleet name. My army will be a well rounded army, so there is no particular theme to it. The colour scheme is the same as the new GW nid army, except that instead of purple being the colour, it is dark angels. If u want to post a picture i can do that. Again, i'm looking for a name for my hive fleet. All suggestions are welcome.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x5)

Pick a name from greek mythology. That makes it really easy. Centaur, hydra, ares, something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by The Paint Monkey
    I can't offer anything new here but I just laughed my arse off that LO has an Irish accent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x2)

How about Marvus? Since it is "your" hive fleet.
    I do not criticize. I do not offend. All I offer is my opinion which means only as much as you make it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    81 (x2)

Pick a theme, and then pick a monster related to that theme.

My army's theme is urban combat... urban... concrete... stone...

Hive Fleet Basilisk for me, because the Basilisk had the mythological properties of turning the victims of its gaze to stone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hive Fleet 'Tsunami'.
    since thats probably your most used battle-plan for those intergalactic critters...
    Chaos does not need explaining! guess what? Chaos cannot be explained!
    Quote Originally Posted by BobaHat
    Chaosdude is a dutch, heretic surfer who hangs around the red light district picking up daemonettes..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    78 (x2)

Something tough, like Hive Fleet Gorgon.

Earth> USA> NewYork> Schenectady> My Pants
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    74 (x4)

Hive Fleet Pink Fuzzy Bunny.

What?!? You think the nids name themselves? Nope, the Imperium does. And what would be better for morale, making the troops of the Empire fight against scary names, like Leviathan or Behemoth, or something totally not scary? Persoanlly, I'd rather fight the Pink Fuzzy Bunny Tyranids than Behemoth nids any day of the week.

Kidding aside, there are lots of things you can name your hive after. Mythical beasts, constellation, Zodiac Signs (Hive Fleet Taurus has a nice ring to it), planets/moons (though most of them are Greek/Roman figures anyway).
    Gyauayuayuayua! Ja! Ve vill crush da little girly men in deir little girl men awrmor! Ve vill see owur enemies driven befowur us, und hear da lahmentaytions of deir wemen. Und from owur home planet, de stayte uf Califowurnia, ve vill lawunch owur mighty offensive. Even if you kill us, ve'll be bach!! Gyauayauyauyauyau!

-Arnoldunit Schwarzenecronegger; when questioned about the impending doom he would rain down upon the heads of his doomed enemies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would use this for humiliation purposes. If you win, you can boast your opponent lost to Hive Fleet Pink Fuzzy Bunny (imagine the shame on the faces of Marines). If they win, they will be celebrated for the defeat of....Hive Fleet Pink Fuzzy Bunny. Sounds dangerous doesnt it.
    Hive Fleet Fuzzy Bunny: Lots and lots of points of Nids (4000pts+)
    The Chapter of the Damned: 5500pts of Dark Angels
    The Children of Fulgrim: 5-6000pts of Emperors Children
    The Kabal of the Bloodied Claw: 2000pts of Dark Eldar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Gojiratoho

What?!? You think the nids name themselves? Nope, the Imperium does. And what would be better for morale, making the troops of the Empire fight against scary names, like Leviathan or Behemoth, or something totally not scary? Persoanlly, I'd rather fight the Pink Fuzzy Bunny Tyranids than Behemoth nids any day of the week.

Kidding aside, there are lots of things you can name your hive after. Mythical beasts, constellation, Zodiac Signs (Hive Fleet Taurus has a nice ring to it), planets/moons (though most of them are Greek/Roman figures anyway).
    That's so true! If the nids named themselves they'd have Hive Fleet Clickety Clack or something like that.

The Imperium seems to be modeled (at least the language) around Greek words and mythology. So choosing anything from that range (like Gojiratoho said) would sound closer to existing fleets.

On another note (regarding the Hive Fleet Pink Fuzzy Bunny) I read a post a while back where a Necron player took the line (not an exact quote to those that like to flame) "A C'Tan can form their body into any number of weapons and can generally show off" to mean he should be allowed to use a model of a cow to represent his Nightbringer.
    I do not criticize. I do not offend. All I offer is my opinion which means only as much as you make it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    129 (x8)

Hive Fleet Quetzalcotl sounds pretty cool, if you can pronounce it wihtout breaking your tongue. It's an old Aztec god.
    Warhammer Fantasy: Warriors of Chaos, High Elves
    Warhammer 40k: Eldar, Space Marines, Orks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast