Venom Sacs - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Venom Sacs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    203 (x5)

3 of my tyranid warriors are equipment with Scything Talons with venom sacs bat also with Deathspitter is this good combination???

tnx in advance!

MEAT IS MURDER
    Hammerskin
    Nation

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

pretty good. they have a sweet gun. and they get that extra acttack in cc. but what is the pt cost of them? :a
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:gray'>Copy my signature and paste it on yours, for im a VIRUS. Help me spread the word of evil...</span></span>

<a href='http://www.gamecircus.com' target='_blank'>For God&#39;s Sake Don&#39;t Click This...</a>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think its a good combo. A deathspitter with a str. of 6 blast 5 ap is a good troop killer. With 5 str it can do some damage in close combat. If i where you i would put Extended Carapace so you dont get shot down with 5 ap weps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think its a good combo. A deathspitter with a str. of 6 blast 5 ap is a good troop killer. With 5 str it can do some damage in close combat. If i where you i would put Extended Carapace so you dont get shot down with 5 ap weps. For 3 pts a model its worth it. 22 pt base model + 10 for deathspitter + 2 for Talons. 34 pts a model unless you count EC it would be 37 pts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

scything talons are great because they are cheap. but im not sure fo teh death spitter its only 1 attack sure you get a bit longer range but i have seen spinefists do so mean damage up close. its a prefferance thing. i dont find that the samll template does anything, every now and then i will get two troop with it but not often.

but use what works for you. i mena my raveners are rending claws adn a devourer, most people dont like this combo but its worked damn sweet for me.

XG

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    203 (x5)

What about put Adren Glands is that good?
    MEAT IS MURDER
    Hammerskin
    Nation

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you dont want to over do a models biomorphs, because when it dies you would lose 1-2-3 biomorphs and the pts of those biomorphs whereas if you had 1 or 2 biomorphs when that model dies then those pts spent on biomorphs would still be in use on another model, thus far i havent used any exept extended carapace, because i havent decided on the army theme.

How do you make devourer and rending claws looks good on a ravener, i tryed and they looked awful..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x3)

dont go with ranged weapons, take scything talons and rending claws. If youre using the biomorph rules it might be an idea to give one squad wings too, get them into the action quicker
    --Monsieur

"Argue for your limitations and, sure enough, they're yours"
    -Zen proverb
    Have you been touched?
    Pirate's Haven

USE TEH REP BUTTON

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Definitely get a ranged weapon. My Warriors (Icespiders) can be found Here. Basically, I take Deathspitters with Toxin Sacs and Rending Claws.

My point is basically that my Warriors are versitile. They can be used against vehicles in close combat, beat up space marines, and shoot troops en masse. Remember with BS 3 the weapon is just something for them to do before you charge.

As far as giving them scything talons AND rending claws - at that point, you have a Ravener who doesnt move as fast and loses 1 attack - whats the point?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

5 warriors leaping all scything talons 3 rending claws and iether 2 VC (weapon beast one) or 2 lashwhips will tear a hole in pretty well anything. i normally wont use the 2 cannons beacasue i hate paying for the damn BS upgrade. but ya tehy are cheaper (not by too much) then a ravener. besides you want to make your hand to hand guys your warriors and then load the raveners with rending calws for there 3 attacks and cevourers for 6 shots..... jus tthe sheer numbers of shots pay off against every thing but SM.

XG

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast