Drop Pod Counter - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Drop Pod Counter

So...ive got a chaos friend, who is raving about his new drop pod and how his gonna rape my souless army(btw do tau have souls?) with it. I must be missing something, b/c as soon as he lands that thing im giving him all barrels. He plans on filling it with termies, but i think 3 rapid fire plasma rifles will do the trick. Is there a effective counter for his Drop Pod?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, there is, it is called "shooting". Seriosly, they have like av 10 all around, no weapons(at least the chaos ones anyway, as far as I know) and at most, they can carry like 2 terminators, or 5 normal marines. Remember, he cant use the rules he finds in the SM codex, that is an SM drop pod, chaos drop pods are a different story though.....
    W/D/L
    Tau - Knights of the Frozen Wastes
    10/2/4

Necrons - The Phalanx of Gleaming Death
    2/0/0

CSM - Iron Warriors
    Coming Soon

98% of the teen population has smoked weed, if you are the 2% that hasn't, put this in your signature.

With Oden On Our Side... The Doctor's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x3)

If it's filled with Termies, than any combo of Plasma, Fusion, and Solid Rail will do the trick. Heck, even unloading with everything will force a lot of saves, and some possible failures.
    Half Gods are worshiped with Wine and Flowers. Real Gods are worshiped in Blood.

Blood for the Blood God! Beer for the Bronze Keg!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or, you could just use all the ap 1 and 2 weapons in the army(I dont think there are enough....) so he cant even get a save....

With Oden On Our Side... The Doctor's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x3)

Oh. I didn't realize Chaos Drop Pods were different than Marine Drop Pods. My advice still applies though, shoot him with a lot of little stuff or some AP 1 and 2.
    Half Gods are worshiped with Wine and Flowers. Real Gods are worshiped in Blood.

Blood for the Blood God! Beer for the Bronze Keg!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, just shoot at the termies with ap1 and 2 weapons until they are all dead. Alternatively, you can stick the non scattering hammerhead sub-munitions round over the drop pod, and hit all his teries with a s6 ap4 attack!!!
    W/D/L
    Tau - Knights of the Frozen Wastes
    10/2/4

Necrons - The Phalanx of Gleaming Death
    2/0/0

CSM - Iron Warriors
    Coming Soon

98% of the teen population has smoked weed, if you are the 2% that hasn't, put this in your signature.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    299 (x7)

:cry: Drop Pod Marines. I've played those.

There is no hiding, you cannot protect anything from them. Period.

What works is to spread out your army. Castling is dreadful, it gives the drop pod player the advantage of the field. You are better off putting him all over the place, because they're slow once they're down.

I rarely deep strike my crisis suits, however I've found it works quite well deep striking them and gun drones against drop pod marines. Don't deep strike stealths.

Table edges are nice. I personally stick my 2 stealths squads in both my opponents deployment quarters.

Bait squads are the way to go. The best bait squads are fire warriors, followed by kroot. If you can make him land where you want, you can have control of the field.

You will either suck them into one area, where you can quickly redeploy and make a shooting gallery for them, or spread them out, where you can concentrate on one unit at a time where the army cannot support itself.

Concentrate on the objective. That is what the stealths will do best. It doesn't matter if they don't fire a single shot all game, you will still make their points back, plus they won't die.

Be aware of your rear armour, and remember, drop pods block LOS.

But of course, this is irrelevant for you. Well, I hope someone finds it helpful.

As for your question, I believe that you will have some trouble. Tau should be able to just run away from stuff like that though, shooting at the same time.
    Last edited by onlainari; October 18th, 2005 at 09:33.
    Quote Originally Posted by rikimaru View Post
    You have the option for instance of infiltrating, outflanking, pillboxing, or anti assault.

And that's just with the Kroot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x2)

I have people use this tactic against my tau army all the time (mostly grey knights). They use it because they think it works...huh? Just aim your pulse rifles (all of em) at them, pull the trigger, and make all the bad people go away. Not even terminators can take too much pulse fire coming down there throats.

If you got a decent number of plasma guns though, hell, you're set. I tend to like to drop some submunition from my railguns on their heads while they're still clumped up, then finish off the stragglers with firewarriors
    My 40K Armies:
    ----------------
    - Thousand Sons
    - Mordian Imperial Guard

- TAU
    - Dark Eldar

My Fantasy Armies:
    ---------------------
    - Lhamian Vampire Counts
    - Empire

In a cave underneath the great mountains gaurding a treassure you'll never find
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x3)

As far as I know drop pods scatters or am I wrong????

If they do just deploy near edges and hope that he scatters outside....

Else deploy wide it will buy you enough time to shoot the droppers before the reach all your models and deep strikeing suits also work quite well IMO. I will say that you don't have to be THAT scared Tau have the firepower to kill them if the gets close.... a lot of S5 rapid fire= many dead models
    Dragons do flame.... but only when they are upset or they want to

According to new signature rules my hydra (the only reason for it to be here was to please Caluin) have been removed. But still dragons pwnz hydras anytime

+ Reply to Thread