Necron Light Vehicle - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Necron Light Vehicle

Because Quickasawink brought up the topic of a light vehicle in Word_Bearer_Apostle's thread (check it out, it's cool), I designed a Necron light vehicle called the Necron Obelisk (thanks for the name Quickasawink) with the VDR. Here it is:

Pts: 335(290)
    Armour: 12/12/12; BS:4; Type: Light Vehicle; Speed: Normal; Size: Small
    Special Options: Tunneller (deepstrike), Living Metal; Vehicle Category: F. Attack
    Weapons: Gauss flux arcs, 2 twin-linked gauss cannons

If you look at the points, you will see that I have two values. The first is the one that I got from the VDR. In the VDR, the author says that if you take an off-the-shelf tank (say, a Land Raider) and you put it through VDR, the points will be more than the GW rules say. This is because you can tailor a vehicle to fit a certain battlefield role. So, I reduced the points by 15 and so got my second points value. It still seems like a lot for a light vehicle though... What do you guys think? Maybe I should remove one twin-linked Gauss Cannon?

EDIT: Ok, taking a look at how much less a Land Raider is I would say that an Obelisk would be 290. So the points are changed thus. This still looks like way too much though.

Last edited by smguy; October 20th, 2005 at 01:53.

Armies:
    Shields of the Emperor SMs (in the making)
    Next:
    Nurgle IG AC/Grenadiers

Remember, give people rep if they help you.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pts: 335
    :roll:

I`d rather field lith

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i like the idea but for lots and lots less points you got a lith... that is way better then this thing... so why take it?

AKM
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    63 (x2)

Under the VDR, ALL vehicles are ridiculously expensive.

They're made so that no one can create an overpowered vehicle and field it to the annoyance of their opponents.

For example, the FW tank with hull demolisher cannon (thunderer) costs more than a regular demolisher even though it has less armour, no turret, and no sponson options.

The point of those rules was to encourage players to make more conversions, or for them to field original units, not to create competitive vehicles.

Senior Member Evil von Doomstein's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by smguy
    Because Quickasawink brought up the topic of a light vehicle in Word_Bearer_Apostle's thread (check it out, it's cool)
    Thanks for the compliment!

Pts: 335(290)
    Armour: 12/12/12; BS:4; Type: Light Vehicle; Speed: Normal; Size: Small
    Special Options: Tunneller (deepstrike), Living Metal; Vehicle Category: F. Attack
    Most definately over-priced. I would say to make it cost less than a 'Lith to make it worthwhile. Definately a cool idea. I have several other new Necron unit ideas I'm going to put up in my thread. Everyone is welcome to post their ideas and concepts there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, yeah. Definitely over-priced. Know what? I'm gonna say now, who cares about the VDR? I'm gonna make it my way. Here's the new version:

Pts: 180
    Armour: 12/12/12; BS:4; Type: Light Vehicle
    Special Options: Deep Strike, Living Metal

What do you think? Too cheap? Too expensive? Also, check out my other vehicle in Word_Bearer_Apostle's thread.
    Last edited by smguy; October 21st, 2005 at 01:32.

Armies:
    Shields of the Emperor SMs (in the making)
    Next:
    Nurgle IG AC/Grenadiers

Remember, give people rep if they help you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Better now, but im never sure on how many points something should cost. Im just not that good at it. but i know when something is over priced when i see it!

remeber the Barge? I think Quickaswink brought that up too. Im gonna give my version of that right now. Almost the same as his, but a little different. I hope its not too cheesy. And i need halp on the points-cost too.

Necron Barge

Bs: 4
    Front: 12
    Side: 12
    Back: 12

Fast Vehicle, Living Metal, Special transport, Projector Fields

Weapon: Particle Projector

Special transport-- Any Necron Unit and any Necron Lord that has joined it within 12 inches of the Barge may be teleported inside the Barge, even if they were in CC. the next turn or any thereafter, the Unit may be placed anywhere within 12 inces of the barge using Deep Strike rules. If the Barge is destroyed while a unit is inside, the unit is considered dead, as there is no physical way in and out of the Barge.

Projector Fields-- the Barge is not an offensive vehicle, and as such has recieved more defense benefits in addition to its Living Metal. When the enemy rolls to see what is added to the Strength of the attacker for Armour Penetration, they must roll two dice, and choose the lowest to add to their Strength.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i dont see why i would take either of those made up vehicles, when i could have the monolith. it is a lot tougher than the light vehicle, and not many more points, and i don't think the gauss cannons are worth the armor loss. as for the barge, the liths teleporting is far more usefull and reliable, and it is just as tough
    Procrastination- hard work often pays off over time, but laziness always pays off now.
    Indifference- it takes 43 muscles to frown, and 17 to smile, but none to just sit there with a dumb look on your face.

-Votewar 40K III= 1st place
    -Votewar 40k mini= 2nd place
    -Votewar fantasy 2= 2nd place

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tiaxrulesall, maybe instead of saying you prefer a Monolith to the Obelisk or the Barge, how about giving some input as to how these can be made better. Give us something to work with. Yes, at this point they probably arent that good, but thats why we are discussing them, to get others input on how to make it better.

So what do you think we should do? (and this is to everyone). Just lower the points of the Obelisk and Barge or give em some more upgrades?

And also check my "New Necron Unit I Made Up" thread and see my other Necron light vehicle, the Spectre. Give me some input on that too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This may seem a little naive, but isn't the necron "light vehicle" meant to be the destroyer and heavy destroyer? They carry a heavy weapon and can move 12' inches and fire, like a land speeder. I'd say that was pretty close to a light vehicle.

And I also agree with everyone else, I would rather feild a lith. Sorry.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast