Librarium Online Forums banner

new tau weapons.

1K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  QwertyMIDX 
#1 ·
ok people, for those of you who want a sniper type weapon, or a new suit weapon, or something in that regard, i have the weapon for yous. ;)

not long ago i posed that the coil gun would be ideal for a new weapon, similer to the railgun, but entirely differnet design.

well i remeber now that there is another new weapon that the military has been working on for quite a few years now, ETC (Electro Thermal Chemical) guns..... basically they opperate on the same principle that a chemical reaction can be transformed into kinetic energy which is what out regular guns do, but this is different, due to the fact that the chemical mix used is far more powerful then conventional mixes.. the chemical mix is ignited by an electric current, and not by physical force hitting a primer.
i believe this to be ideal for tau weapons, as the only moving parts in the gun is the projectile and loading system.

however i cant think of any stats that are suitable for it. :rolleyes:

well i hope that not only will this gun be thought about, but i would really like this thread to be dedicated to new weapons for the tau, i mean even something utterly rediculous that has no scientific background would be good. as long as it has a practical use for it.

this is all about ideas. who cares whether it can be used in the game or not. ideas people, ideas are created from imagination, imagination is created from dreams. so go and get some sleep. :tongue:

P.S. yes i know this topic has been around. and there is a thread also, somewhere i think. but anyone who is going to post a reply telling me that and demanding that i bring them threads back up instead of starting a new one, is a simple minded fool. IMHO. emphasis on the my opinion part.

this is about new ideas, not old ones.

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
*sighs

I just love the prospect of more bad science, bad spelling and being told I am a simple minded fool. I do not think this warrents a new thread myself.

#3 ·
I think they might have a sniper, for fluff reasons anyway. Many people think Tau=range. Today, range=sniper rifle. But the Tau aren't too long ranged.

#4 ·
Not again . . .

Ok, I have a good idea for the stats.

AP - NO, Str - NO, Range - NO, Heavy No, Tau are not getting Snipers. While the idea makes sense, it would be ridiculous for Tau to have the Rail Rifle, then another Sniper Rifle. The Rail Rifle is Tau's version of a Sniper Rifle and that's as close as we're going to get.

/rant :beer:

#5 ·
2 things i think the tau need 1st. They need a pistol type weapon, i mean is it me or is tau the only race missing one. I know you guys might say that tau are all about long ranged shooting and dont want to get close, but every soldier knows its gonna happen sooner or later so well maybe a 'ui should have the option of using a literal bonding knife (not just a picture) and hold a (lets call it a Pulse Pistol) in the other hand.

Pulse Pistol str5 ap5 range 12" assault 1

And my second idea is a flame thrower that can be used in the fire warrior squad. The only thing i base this idea on is the FIRE in fire warrior, I want FLAMES!!!

#6 ·
The Doctor said:
Ok, I have a good idea for the stats.

AP - NO, Str - NO, Range - NO, Heavy No, Tau are not getting Snipers. While the idea makes sense, it would be ridiculous for Tau to have the Rail Rifle, then another Sniper Rifle. The Rail Rifle is Tau's version of a Sniper Rifle and that's as close as we're going to get.

/rant :beer:

thats if this was an idea for a sniper.......

i said it would work as a sniper rifle for those who would like it to be, if i wanted it to be a sniper, then i would already know the stats, pretty easy really..... range=36" blah blah for sniper........... i for one would prefer it was a suit weapon.

this is not for new units or anything, its for new weapons, plasma mortars are another one i can think of..

just thought id clear that up, so for future reference.. please keep this about new weapons. id rather that noone posted and this went to the bottom of the list then have arguments in it about why we do or dont need it..

yeh, so really what i hoped to achieve was basically, take your knowlege of scientific advances in out modern world, and apply them to tau.
but as i said im ahppy for this to goto the bottom of the list. probably belongs there

#9 ·
Lt. Bone Saw said:
Hey this is a public forum so stop flaming this person they are entitled to post topics that they want to talk about if you don’t like the topic then don’t read it.

I agree 100% with the Lt. stop ripping on him and just answer his question. its not like hes being an arsehole about it or anything. but anyways, i personally think the idea of a Tau sniper is really awesome!! :yes: and it wouldnt just be a rail rifle, it would be made specifically for targeting infantry not heavier targets, like Terminators and Light vehicles.

#10 · (Edited)
After the Fire Warrior game came out, I wanted to be able to give a burst cannon to a Fire Warrior in place of say a flamer cause they are both assault so it would be kind of a cool upgrade to be given to one guy in the squad. oh and I know you can't give them a flamer I was saying if they were going to get an upgrade like that.

#11 · (Edited)
Aun, how dare you accuse this poster of "bad science" when you can't even be bothered to google three words to check the validity of his suggestion.

http://www.stormingmedia.us/34/3451/A345163.html
http://www.spacedaily.com/news/milspace-03zk.html
http://www.osti.gov/energycitations/product.biblio.jsp?osti_id=6940921

And where exactly do you get off complaining about "bad science" in a game that features chaos monsters, psychics, Space Orks, Warp Spiders, teleportation, star gods, living metal, neural shredders, and assassins who explode with lethal force because of all the drugs in their system? Why don't you go complain about the "bad science" of the necromancers codex thread.

#12 ·
Lt. Bone Saw said:
Hey this is a public forum so stop flaming this person they are entitled to post topics that they want to talk about if you don’t like the topic then don’t read it.
He already came up with this idea (or someone did, but I think it was him) in another thread. The following discussion got rather heated IIRC. If the weapon is going on a suit, then that's fine. My biggest angst with this idea is the general 'Tau Sniper' thought.

Sorry for sounding like an arse in my last post.

#14 ·
Something totally different:
Wouldn't it be fun if they had some sort of drone with a Tesla Coil on it?
We all know the thing from Red Alert I guess?
Just make it not so powerful, like S3 D6 shots on nearest unit(max range12")
Those sort of strange things are pretty Tau-ish.
And then not allow them to move as squadrons, but as an upgrade for Firewarrior Sergeants.

#15 ·
chaosdude said:
And then not allow them to move as squadrons, but as an upgrade for Firewarrior Sergeants.
actually yes, some kind of shock type weapon, although tesla's themselves can travel through a human body without doing any harm (at least i remember reading that, dont know where though, could be wrong), C&C got that one wrong sad to say, but a high voltage discharge weapon, like say a taser weapon of some description would be good. wouldnt it? :D

those vespid guys, i read will have neutron guns, maybe just a rumour, but it would make sense as theyre said to have a template weapon. :w00t:

another thing id like to suggest is, anti-matter. this has so much potential to be used as a weapon. maybe even a lance type weapon, but definately a bomb :shifty: . i cant really explain in lamen terms what anti-matter is, im not good at explaining things, but a little bit of research wont go astray for anyone who is interested.

and thanks guys, i realise some people dont appreciate science and its relation to the tau.
no science is bad science, its just misunderstood and misused. but i wont start a science and religion based debate.

#16 ·
chaosdude said:

WOW!!! i never thought of anything like that!!! it would be sweet!!! :w00t: but one thing, it CANNOt, i repeat, CANNOT look like the tesla coil in Red Alert. it should look more advanced and with that sleek tau-like look. a form of tesla/lightning troops would be sweet. or put them on battlesuits.

#17 ·
Lt. Bone Saw said:
If a pathfinder can carry a rail rifle then why can’t they strap one on a battle suite?

Don’t worry about it just trying to keep things friendly.
The Ethearals don't deem it safe enough for Firewarrior use so they limit it to their scout teams. It has to be tested but we may see is that in the Tau Empire Codex/Expansion they have found it to be up to standards :).

#18 ·
O'M'yen'Mal'caor said:
another thing id like to suggest is, anti-matter. this has so much potential to be used as a weapon.
Aside from the fact that 10kg of anti-matter when it is annhilated with matter releases enough energy to destroy the Earth.

#19 ·
that_guy said:
Aside from the fact that 10kg of anti-matter when it is annhilated with matter releases enough energy to destroy the Earth.
haha, oh yes, imagine 1 tonne of it set off, you could probably wipe out pretty much, a solar system, all the extra energy bombarding the sun would certainly cause quite abit of fuss, maybe even a supernova.

but really, anti-matter technology sounds like something the tau are capable of, maybe a new kind of propulsion system for high speed spacecraft. but this focus is weapons. imagine, anti-matter missiles. strength 10, AP 1, large blast marker, muahaahha, i wish..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.