Fire Dragons - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Fire Dragons

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey guys wat up? i just recently found the power and tank hunting ability that is the fire dragon aspect. I load em up in a falcon and zoom zoom to that pesky lil' Land Raider and Rhino with supped up hq and blast it to pieces. But then they would just get eaten in assult and be useless cuz they are dead

Do u guys have any strategy or tips cuz everytime i use them, they blow up the tank but either charge and get killed, or just get shot to pieces. How do you keep your fire dragons alive for more tank hunting fun?

<insert witty remark here>

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When you suicidally charge a unit forward in front of a tank and an army it doesn&#39;t last to long. Sometimes it is a sacrifice you have to pay to destroy the tank.
    Although have you considered a unit of guardians in a falcon to disembark at the same time shielding the FD from fire.

Something like this

EU EU EU EU
    EU EU
    GGG FA
    T FD
    FA

EU= enemy unit
    G= Guardians
    T=tank
    FA= falcon
    FD= Fire drags

Just adapt this to whatever position enemy and tank are.
    The Guardians shield the fire D while the rest of your armies moves up to support the fire D

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the ulthwe strike force can use fire dragons seriously well with their webway strike which easily can get to 6 of a enemy tank if well placed
    dunno about other craftworlds tho

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it just seems that they are there for one tank only. and i dont wanna use them as kamikazes. there has got to be a solution...meditate on this, i will.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bah just use warlocks with haywire grenades and watch tanks go bOOm :ph34r:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

Ultimately you already been given it, use a meat shield of Gaurdians, it doesnt fit with the Eldar fluff, but other than waiting until all your units are forward and creating a target ricvh environment you have to do it, the problem is not that, the problem is more what you are doing, FD are much better in a defensive posture, you have better anti armour guns that FDs, think wraith lords, war walkers, support weaponry, heavy weapons platforms, Vypers, Falcons, prisms tanks, wave serpents, dark reapers - all of these are beter than FDs at tank hunting, I use my FDs to destroy whatever forces he sends hunting me, think about it, one FD can kill a tank so having 10 of them shooting is a waste, but 10 shooting at a termie assult squad? well worth it, against Necrons- instant death, use them to shoot the expensive and hard assult troops your opponent sends into your line, if you are particularly concerned about them getting chewed up in combat, tool up an exarch for combat although this is a bit of a waste
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the thing is tho, there short range makes them bad for defense. they onyl get one shot and that istnw orth it. they only get one round of shooting in both cases si i dont see the point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by logan grimmnar@Nov 16 2003, 136
    bah just use warlocks with haywire grenades and watch tanks go bOOm :ph34r:
    Warlocks cannot use Haywire gernades, only storm guardians and striking scorpions.

Although the Fire Dragons excel at destroying a single tank, there survivability is questionable. However, if you rush your Falcon past the intended target the position it so it will block a majority of enemy heavy weapons, your Fire Dragons will be able to get a couple rear armour shots, then in the next turn, load back up into the Falcon if its still alive, and get out of there ASAP.

Relatively simple it is.

Thrawn

- semper fi -

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

yeah but your tank will get shot to pants,

Point of using them defensively or at least against troops is 10 shots, 6 hits, 5 wounds, 5 dead, tends to spoil the units day - even if it doesnt run it will be far less effective and will, in most cases, be rendered incable of holding ground for points
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm maybe if i fly my serpent filled with banshees and unload them right besides the fire dragons and charged them at the same time. this would take some pressure off the dragons, or i could just assult with the banshees sand use combat to block los with the dragons and load up next turn...interesting.

Closed Thread