Tournament ReCap!!!! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    The Orange Grey Knight MiketehFox's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    196 (x8)

Tournament ReCap!!!!

Well I just went to a Tournament with this list:

Shas'O
    TL MP
    PR
    SG
    HW MT

Shas'O
    MP
    PR
    SG
    HWMT

3 Stealth suits

Shas'vre
    MP
    TL BC
    HW MT

FW Squad X2
    11 'la + 1 'ui
    Devilfish with DL and MT

FW Squad
    11 'la + 1 'ui

Kroot
    15 + 1 Shaper
    Save/LD

Gun Drones (1 squad of 8 and one squad of 6)

Broadside X2 (Ons suit to a heavy slot)
    TL RG
    SMS
    SG
    MW MT

HammerHead
    Ion Cannon
    SMS
    MT
    DL
    DP

Now this list is different than what I was planning to use, but Some parcels didn't arrive in time. So I finished off all the models I needed for this by 3:30AM of the day of the tournament.

Alright, first game!

Tau (Me) VS Necrons (Best General from last year which nobody told me!) --- Cleanse

This was a close fight, he got first turn so he was beating the crap out of me for the first couple of turns, then his monolith showed up, and I blasted it using only 1 shot, during that same turn I also Wiped out his 8 Strong Immortal squad, every last one! During this turn I managed to double FoF one of his larger Warroir Squads, killing 3~ and pinning the squad! So Needless to say at this point I was very happy! His destroyers were being a real menase, and I wasonly onaly able to take 4 out of th 7 he had, leaving 1 unit to capture a table quarter. but then my FWs got into CC with his warriors but it was only one of his smaller squads, but by this point the game had ended.

Result: Solid Defeat

Reason: He had a Table Quarter and I didn't, otherwise he would only have beat by ONE point.

Leasons Learned: That Destroyers can really mess up a day, I didn't have enough time to kill off more unfortunetly. Plus It's fun to Wait a Broadsides's turn by shooting a simple Warrior! (There was nothing else left)

Second GAME!!!!

Tau (Me) VS Tau (Him) --- Take and Hold

God I hate fighting Tau! Altogether too much shooting. Anyways This battle seemed to grind by, his Broadsides had a hard time doing anything more than stunning my Devilfishes, but they did manage to blast the Ion Cannon on my Hammerhead, but It got it's revenge with some SMS fire and took out a Crisis Suit. I managed to park a FW squad on the objective which was in area terrain, to they were quite safe, but were reduced to 6.
    My Kroot wiped out to Broadsides in CC with out even letting them fight back. All in all, a good game that I won because I had the objective and killed more of his stuff!

Result: Minor Victory

Lessons Learned: Tau were never meant to fight each other! Also I should pay more attention to terrain as I accidentally placed one of my Boradsides were Area Terrain was blocking it's LoS, but it did manage to take out a Crisis Suit and a Fire Warrior. Also, make sure you move ALL your units before deciding to Shoot.

Third GAME!

Tau (Me) VS Tau (Him) --- Kill em all! (I forget the mission name)

Well, It was funny cause the Tau player I just faced was also facing the 4th Tau player, so All the Tau armies were doing silly 'training' missions.

Anyways! This game was horible for me, (Go ahead Diggums Laught, but then were even!) The board was a terrained board, very nicely done, But the design made me dumd and I played too conservatively, I never took a risk, and thus I wasn't able to mount a good offence. plus my Broadsides never managed to take out his Ionhead or his Railhead. My Kroot did okay, but in the end were taken out by 2 stealth squads. This was a bad showing for me. I'm ashamed to say that I was utterly wiped out.

Result: Slaughter!

Lessons Learned: TAKE RISKS!!!! It's better than siiting around and doing nothing!

Overall it was fun. I might have had better results had I used the Hybrid List I had prepared about 2 months ahead of time, but oh well, theres always next time.

I also Met Diggums Hammer, A great guy who travelled About 4-6 hours from Victoria to Pit his Grenadiers list against us!

Can't wait for march, and hopefully I might be able to use my Sisters of Battle! (I'll be the only one!)

Mike

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

178 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by MiketehFox
    Anyways! This game was horible for me, (Go ahead Diggums Laught, but then were even!)

The reason he laughed is a Nid army was popping my Tanks left, right and center, I got clobbered by big Bugs. Ha! (there, I did it!)

Nice report Mike, this was a seriously fun Rouge Trader tourney in Kelowna, British Columbia.
    "A love for tradition has never weakened a nation, indeed it has strengthened nations in their hour of peril."
    Sir Winston Churchil

The Orange Grey Knight MiketehFox's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

196 (x8)

Hell yeah!

Can't wait till spring!

Mike

+ Reply to Thread