How about them jump marines - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How about them jump marines

ok heres the senario (btw i won the battle due to the massive casualties i caused to the spacemarines and i held the objective "stealth team ftw" anyways) my friend and i played a 2k pt battle and i severly out numbered him. He had 4 tactical squads, 2 jump squads, 2 chaplains, and a land raider crusader.

Turn 1= i got first turn and i got a marker on his land raider. hammer head shot it scoring a 6 for pen then a 5, i killed 2 marines when they got out.

turn 2-4= i killed all his tactical squads and a chaplain while severly wounding one jump pack squad. on turn five his jump packs got into my firewarriors and tore them up. i mean wow it was a slaughter, he killed 3 firewarrior squads and 2 battle suits with 5 marines and a chaplain.

ok heres my question, HOW DO I GET THEM OFF OF ME!!!!1

Last edited by 1337Malekith; October 26th, 2005 at 04:58.
    Darks Elves 6000ptsWood Elves 500pts (WIP)
    Imperial Guard 5000pts
    http://mr-godz.mybrute.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Either, keep a fish nearby and have it run in-between you and the assault team.
    OR set your squads up with cross-fire firing lanes. So that if he gets close to one, he gets rapid fired by 2+. But keep them far enough apart that he can't sweep into the others.
    I thought you said they wouldn't charge us!
    What I said was: I didn't think they would charge us and win. And I still believe that.
    Then if they can't win, what are they doing charging us?
    It's possible, I suppose, their commander disagrees with my assessment...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i had 2 fire warrior squads that formed my center line while i had a aux and another fire warrior squad hold the left flank, for the right i had a 12 man kroot herd with more aux and a stealth team, i had my ethereal hide behind a wall of gun drones and i had my crisis move in and out between my 2 flanks,and i had 3 hammer heads, 2 with rails behind my flanks and 1 with ion int he center, i had a clear view of fire almost ever where but his guys got in fast as hell and killed my guys faster
    Darks Elves 6000ptsWood Elves 500pts (WIP)
    Imperial Guard 5000pts
    http://mr-godz.mybrute.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jump Packers are nasty in an assault, but if they made it into assault to begin with, then you weren't paying attention.

Infantry units who haven't got Wings, 'Packs, Leaping, or Fleet are no threat to a well-played Tau force.

Taking out the Crusader quick was good, as it could have seriously ruines your day, but the next thing I would have done is run your Hammers right over the rest of his force and pounded the jumpers with everything you have. They can take a LOT of punishment, and even the Chaplain alone can seriously mess up your units.

Your other option is to keep a big unit of Kroot around to countercharge. It'll take him time to carve through all of them, and they'll get some hits in during that time. Twenty Kroot with Hounds and a Shaper gets a LOT of attacks on a charge, and if the marines are already engaged with one of your Fire Teams, then he'll either have to ignore one unit or split his attacks.

I've also locked a unit of Assault Marines with a smaller unit of Kroot and then had an allied Guard player drop a Basilisk round on their heads. I lost about 100 points of Kroot, my opponent lost 250 of marines and a 200-point Chaplain. Underhanded, but un-Tau-like enough that my opponent never saw it coming.

Also, how bad was the Chaplain? Was he a normal Chaplain, or was he Brother Chaplain Cheddar (Artificer Armor, Iron Halo, Terminator Honors, two Mastercrafted Lightning Claws and a Jump Pack)? Pray you never have to face the latter, and if you have, I feel your pain.
    Looking for a 40K group near Tacoma, WA.
    Know one? In one? Want to start one? Drop me a PM.

Libertas Inaestimabilis Res Est.
    Liberty is a thing beyond all price.
    Observe impartially, record accurately, report truthfully.
    --Journalist's Creed

D e F Y
    GRAVITY

The Orange Grey Knight MiketehFox's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    196 (x8)

Yeah, I find the only SM HQ used nowadays is the Chaplain, which is why I choose a MAster for my Bike Army!!!

Anyways, seeing as he didn't have much, you'd have been better to to hit the Assault squads with EVERYTHING! and if worse comes to worse, try to spred your squads out as much as possible to keep him moving from squad to squad.

Mike

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

216 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by Straylight

I've also locked a unit of Assault Marines with a smaller unit of Kroot and then had an allied Guard player drop a Basilisk round on their heads. I lost about 100 points of Kroot, my opponent lost 250 of marines and a 200-point Chaplain. Underhanded, but un-Tau-like enough that my opponent never saw it coming.

Also, how bad was the Chaplain? Was he a normal Chaplain, or was he Brother Chaplain Cheddar (Artificer Armor, Iron Halo, Terminator Honors, two Mastercrafted Lightning Claws and a Jump Pack)?

You know you cant target units in combat with the basilisk right? and it has to be placed centrally on an enemy model before it scatters, how did you manage to target the combat

As for that cheesy chaplain, hes illegal.. you can only master-craft 1 of the claws and the iron halo is a waste, coz he gets a rosarius for free..

The Orange Grey Knight MiketehFox's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

196 (x8)

Well, as far as the LCs go, he only has to MC one of them, and use that one for his attacks, the other one basically just gets him an extra attack.

But yes, he does already come with an Inv.

Mike

With Oden On Our Side... The Doctor's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x3)

Next time you play him, hit his Assault Marines before the Tactical Squads. Tactical Squads may be better armed, but they aren't as well armed as you. Also, they move much slower, so they will take longer to get into HtH.
    Half Gods are worshiped with Wine and Flowers. Real Gods are worshiped in Blood.

Blood for the Blood God! Beer for the Bronze Keg!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know you cant target units in combat with the basilisk right? and it has to be placed centrally on an enemy model before it scatters, how did you manage to target the combat
    I had couple of unengaged Drones (popped them off the 'Fish earlier) floating right behind the fight. He targeted them and hoped it scattered over the melee (it did). Like I said, underhanded, but it was a just a friendly game and the sheer amount of rediculousness that went on in that game makes dropping pie plates on friendly melees mundane and normal.

As for that cheesy chaplain, hes illegal.. you can only master-craft 1 of the claws and the iron halo is a waste, coz he gets a rosarius for free..
    I was guessing on his exact loadout. I don't play Marines and don't claim to know what all of their equipment is or how it all works. All I know is the Chaplain is about 200 points on his own and can singlehandedly beat a Fire Team into the dirt.
    Looking for a 40K group near Tacoma, WA.
    Know one? In one? Want to start one? Drop me a PM.

Libertas Inaestimabilis Res Est.
    Liberty is a thing beyond all price.
    Observe impartially, record accurately, report truthfully.
    --Journalist's Creed

D e F Y
    GRAVITY

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

216 (x7)

hell, a single genestealer could take down a fire warrior squad in 2 or 3 turns.. and that comes in around 25 pts..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast