Quick Question! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quick Question!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^^^

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do not spam&#33;&#33;&#33; I hope a mod is seeing this... <_<

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

christian he isnt spamming he has asked a question. the (looks for symbol) ^^^^^ means look above. as his question was the title of the post it means look there.

delta44 look in the codex and it says that a markerlight is used for a guidance for other weapons. the other weapons will hit on a 2+ if the enemy is markerlighted.

mods if this is against copyright then plese edit it, thanks.
    Want a website built to show off your miniatures? We recommend www.reaperwebdesign.co.uk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so do i shoot the markerlights first before any other gun i shoot? when i light something, do i THEN choose a weapon to light, or do i choose the weapon beforehand, then see if THEN see if the markerlight worked for that chosen weapon?

can i markerlight weapons in the same unit? (markerlighting for their own unit&#39;s railrifles?)
    Warhammer is expensive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Rhino Driver@Nov 15 2003, 20:35
    so do i shoot the markerlights first before any other gun i shoot? when i light something, do i THEN choose a weapon to light, or do i choose the weapon beforehand, then see if THEN see if the markerlight worked for that chosen weapon?

can i markerlight weapons in the same unit? (markerlighting for their own unit&#39;s railrifles?)
    Yes, you shoot the markerlight before shooting with your other weapon...you choose a subject to light, like say a dreadnought, and then shoot at it with any gun for the rest of your turn...again you are not marking the weapon but the opponents miniture. :huh:
    &lt;a href=&quot;http://www.liquidgeneration.com&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot;&gt;&lt;img src=&quot;http://www.liquidgeneration.com/quiz...link.jpg&quot; border=&quot;0&quot;&gt;&lt;/a&gt;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Remember tho, you can&#39;t target an independant target only if he is in a squad, you must target the squad

Fae
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are marking ONE enemy model for ONE of you models, that means only one of your models will hit on a 2+

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Fae@Nov 16 2003, 05:32
    You are marking ONE enemy model for ONE of you models, that means only one of your models will hit on a 2+
    ^^^Incorrect I think. I&#39;m pretty sure you&#39;re targeting one enemy &#39;unit&#39; for one of your own model&#39;s unfired weapons. The difference is important when it comes to using a burst cannon/ion cannon which would get the 2+ to hit for all 3 of its shots against said unit, and thus capable of killing 3 models, not just one, via the markerlight.

@rhino driver: I don&#39;t think you have to elect which unit the markerlight is spotting for beforehand. That&#39;s what slacker was saying I think, but I just wanted to be clear. You just shoot with the markerlight, and then that unit is marked for the remainder of that turn or until you use the mark for a 2+ to hit with any one weapon that hasn&#39;t yet been fired.

Tactically, I think it would make the most sense to use your markerlights right before you want their bonus to hit. That way you can avoid marking a unit for your hammerhead or something, only to have the unit wiped out by another one of your squad&#39;s firing before you got around to using your 2+ bonus. Probably obvious, but I thought it might be useful to think about. :huh:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always thought that the codex said that the markerlight marks a target for one tau vehicle or model and the biggest bonus is being able to nominate the enemy model (sort of like marksmanship). The little info on the Pathfinders says that they choose the most valuable targets for others to destroy. The railrifle dudes only suffer from overheating if they engage the same target...I would think that target would mean model...or is it really unit?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe the rail rifles are only in danger of overheating if they target *different* units, not the &#39;same&#39; unit or model. Though I don&#39;t have the WD, so I might be wrong.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast