2000p Tau vs Thousand sons, please help - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

2000p Tau vs Thousand sons, please help

I'm going to meet Andusciassus Thousand sons tomorrow in a 2000p battle, I really need some advice ini how I'm going to counter his all-mage-teleporting sons of chaos.

I don't have a lot of firewarriors (just 24 of them) But I have a barracuda (wich will probably couse some trouble) What I also am short on is some str8+ weapons to instant-kill his troops (I need to do that in order to kill the mages).

What should a weary Tau commander do?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

With Oden On Our Side... The Doctor's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x3)

Well, seeing as how you only have two units of Fire Warriors, you must have a lot of Suits. Just try to keep him at range. Also, what is a Barracuda?
    Half Gods are worshiped with Wine and Flowers. Real Gods are worshiped in Blood.

Blood for the Blood God! Beer for the Bronze Keg!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I played thousand sons in a 1000 point battle this is what I learned (but this was against the store owner, mind you):
    This is what I originally posted: "1) Vs. Thousand Sons (1,000 points). Tie. (but against the store owner )
    I learned that O'shava is made for cc, and if you depive him of that, he won't be worth buying. Also make sure to get him in cc at least once, even if he might die (only if he would be shot to death next turn, in my case, by a str 8 ap 2 weapon). I recommend doing that near the end of the game, or even last turn, (so therefore he won't die, but take something out.)
    And lastly, remember to use cover, and keep your tanks away from any enemy. Even though you might not be able to shoot you defence weapon, it's worth it."
    What I didn't cover is this: They obviously move slow, so (if you play mech) carefully set several firewarrior/devilfish traps, unload, fire, run. Remember to detach your droids from your devilfishes to absorb fire and take out troops. The leader will usually have a high strength low AP weapon which he'll use on you commanders and exposed crisis/stealth suits, or even your devilfish, so what you need to do is make him a top priority for your crisis' plasmas and fusions so that when you destroy them, they'll have no real effective attack against your armored suits and skimmers. But don't make a big mistake by attacking them with your stealth, use them for attacking the troops. So, in a nut shell: Firewarriors and stealth: Attack the troops/large groups of enemys, and: Other suits: Attack commanders/units with anit-armor/tank weapons. If you bring a hammerhead with you, it will be a prime target, and also won't really be effective if it doesn't have an Ion Head. Also make sure you're not wasting fire by having everything shoot at only one squad: split fire, and when things get to close for comfort, focus a bit more on the threatening squad.

I hope that helps!! If you don't rush things, always look a turn ahead, and think strategically, then it will be a piece of cake. And if you're not having fun playing, don't play! Remember that the reason you play is to have fun, and remind your opponent that also.
    I miss my blue text.
    TA LA
    The only thing that is stopping you from being what you can be is what you think other people think about you.
    ----------------------------------------
    If you could say one thing to the world, what would it be?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just keep pummeing them with fire, and get priorities first. I dont know too much about Thousand Sons, but priorities should be anything fast and with a good gun. Move around him and flank if you can, so he is forced to divide his army. Remember: he is slow, you are fast. You have a big advantage in mobility.

By the way, nice avatar Kristofer
    "I'd rather fight 100 Hammerheads than 20 Battlesuits" -Vinnie, an Ultramarine.

*Remember to use the Reputation ability! Click the yellow star beneath a name on the left side!*

+ Reply to Thread