Xtra cheese - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Xtra cheese

Member Kklopio the scorpionfish's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Xtra cheese

I was wondering if someone could tell me what I needed in a 500 pt. Tyranid army.
    So far I have:
    8 Hormagaunts
    8 Termagants
    1 ripper swarm
    1 zoanthrope

what should I get when expanding this.
    (plz. note. In a 500 pt. army lictors are pretty much point burners as each one would take up a bit less than 1/6 of your total points, and they're not actually that good in CC).

Next I'll be getting some warriors (fighty ones).:yes:

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    92 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Kklopio the scorpionfish
    I was wondering if someone could tell me what I needed in a 500 pt. Tyranid army.
    So far I have:
    8 Hormagaunts
    8 Termagants
    1 ripper swarm
    1 zoanthrope

what should I get when expanding this.
    (plz. note. In a 500 pt. army lictors are pretty much point burners as each one would take up a bit less than 1/6 of your total points, and they're not actually that good in CC).

Next I'll be getting some warriors (fighty ones).:yes:
    You need an HQ. In a 500 point army warriors fit the bill admirably. Personally, (if you can fit them), I would go with two units of warriors.
    I would also swap out the termagants for spinegaunts, (they are a point cheaper, you can get more of them).
    In the same theme, I would get more gaunts, (spinegaunts and hormies).
    Lastly, I would add some genestealers, for extra hitting power.
    I do agree with not having a lictor in a 500 point army. I don't use them until at least 1500 points, (then I use two).

Mind you, these are all my opinions, use what you have and what works for you.
    A little pain never hurt anyone - Larry

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've got a 40K in 40 mins tournament at school. It uses 400pts so add as you wish, but what I use is:

3 warriors: EC, AG (I), Leaping, ST, RC, (i think that's all)

8 stealers, EC
    9 spinegaunts
    8 hormies

so far i have won 4 out of 4 games, killing everyone within 4 turns atleast. I am advantaged as they are on 3'X3' tables, but then again there is no terrain. i'm guaranteed to get in combat turn 2, and sometimes in turn one with the hormies.

I'd deffinetley recommend stealers. they absolutley pwn in cc, and backed up by enough fodder they get into cc with at the least 4 left. the warriors are also excelent. 4 rending attacks each on the charge makes em super cool. If i was to expand my list to 500pts i would boost the spines up to 16 (or somtheing like that), 2 more stealers and the rest of points in hormies. hormies are there to try and tie enemy up quickly and add some wound spounge to the stealers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

UHHHHH, problem

Once a friend of mine (who plays Eldar) played a chaos force 500pts. that had like 2 minimum size troop squads and a completely unupgaded HQ with 3 big chunky tanks.
    You would have a serious problem here (need anti-tank) you would need at least 2 zoanthropes (1 gets killed far too easy).:sleep:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That may be true, but in 40K in 40mins, no tank can have it's armour equal more then 33 (side+front+rear), no model may have 2+ armour save or have more then 2 wounds. I think though rending attacks are quite capable of taking out tanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I play 40k on 40 mins too, and I usually take three range weaponed warriors, a brood of 'stealers, and some rippers and cheap gaunts to tie the enemy up. It usually works, but I would drop the rippers and go for a cheap 'fex in a 500pt army.

Markus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If there are no 2+ AS, then you can't have zoanthropes, also what if your opponent kills all you genestealers. Then you haven't got any rending attacks. PS. did you mean maximum 2 wounds per model. PPSS.. what upgrades would you suggest giving genestealers?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kklopio the scorpionfish
    If there are no 2+ AS, then you can't have zoanthropes, also what if your opponent kills all you genestealers. Then you haven't got any rending attacks. PS. did you mean maximum 2 wounds per model. PPSS.. what upgrades would you suggest giving genestealers?
    For genestalers i always take EC, it helps so much against bolter fire, making them live longer. when you say that when all the stealers die and then there's no more rending, who are you directing it to? In my list my warriors have rending attacks and scything talons, so if that was directed at me i do have more rending attacks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What should I give the 'fex? there are 58 million or so different combos. See favourite tyranid thread for detail.:wacko:

(\_/)
    (0.0)
    (><)This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this text to your sig to help him to world Domination
    <--If you hate me (you do: see*) click the phone
    If you don't (which isn't possible (see*)) click the star.
    *Everybody hates me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's a good tactica done by h0urglass in the forums on equiping you're fex. for a small point game i'd recommend the dakkafex. 2X TL Devourers and enhanced sense. that's 113pts so in larger battle it can be used as an elite. cc fex's may scare tour opponent, but generally aren't worth their point in what you kill (by the time you get into combat).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast