transporting tyranids - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

transporting tyranids

What do you use to transport your tyranids without pieces falling off.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    81 (x2)

Foam doesn't work.

I magnetized mine (using Earth Magnets) and use a large metal toolbox.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

92 (x2)

Poptarts, long time no talk, err... type. Anyway, I beg to differ. Foam does work, if you can find the right stuff. I use, (for lack of a better term), egg carton foam. It's this real dimply foam that circuit boards come in. Because the dimples are an inch deep, the gribblies fit well. for the mid size stuff, (warriors, lictors etc), just make sure I set them in so they lay flat and protected. For the large stuff, (MCs, go figer), I custom the bottom couple of layers for a snug fit. This stuff is a mid density, not to hard, not to soft.
    A little pain never hurt anyone - Larry

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use the GW case for all my non-monstrous Tyranids. For my monstrous and winged figures I have a large tackle box that has foam in the bottom and dividers of foam I made myself. I LOVE my GW case, it was worth the extra money. I recommend it to anyone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

81 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by THE Hersh
    Poptarts, long time no talk, err... type. Anyway, I beg to differ. Foam does work, if you can find the right stuff. I use, (for lack of a better term), egg carton foam. It's this real dimply foam that circuit boards come in. Because the dimples are an inch deep, the gribblies fit well. for the mid size stuff, (warriors, lictors etc), just make sure I set them in so they lay flat and protected. For the large stuff, (MCs, go figer), I custom the bottom couple of layers for a snug fit. This stuff is a mid density, not to hard, not to soft.
    Hm, I'll have to keep my eyes out for that. I haven't seen it out here. I just have problems with the standard foam (squares with foam dividers) not protecting gaunts enough (particularly hormagaunts) because the spaces tend to be too large once the center blocks are removed. The hormagaunt basing tends to be very flimsy... thankfully, Games Workshop gives you eight for free out of the goodness of their hearts when you buy a box of Spinegaunts.

I like my magnetized box, though. Metal and shelved right, I don't lose a single model (although securing the magnets can be a fun game all on its own)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

92 (x2)

My buddy does that with his Vamp counts and swears by it, but, I like my egg carton foam. AND it's almost as much fun as bubble wrap.
    A little pain never hurt anyone - Larry

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just stick 'em all in a huge toolbox, and don't shake it around. For the more fragile creatures, I put them in a plastic carton, and stuff it with paper, tissues ,etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To transport my little lovelies, I use my GW case. even for the bigger ones. I just cut out some of the foam square dividers so there is enough room, and place the thing in, and then use the bits I cut out to cushion it in a bit.
    Our troop models are sooo big compared to the average human size, gaunts tower over guards and must weigh at least as much as a kitted-out marine....
    in the little world of wargaming, that is, dont go out and actually weigh the things...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    75 (x3)

i put all of my single wound nids in egg cartons, they fit well, though gaunts don't fit as well as marines and other bipedal creatures. For my two wound Nids I use a box that I got when I had some oranges shipped to me; it came with a divider so that it can hold six different guys. My monsterous creatures get their own box filled with shipping peanuts. The all work pretty well, but on occasion I will lose an arm to a ravener, or my tyrant. Not too many porblems with anyone else recently though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah...
    its really annoying, how the only good poses for your models are also the poses most vulnerable to breakages, are the most difficult to pack, are fragile, make the things fall over...

sad

I had a great ravener, one of the older models, it was fantastic. Then I took it out to play a few games and at the end of the day I had to put all the separate pieces back in multiple pockets of my case...
    :cry:

+ Reply to Thread