Spinegaunts. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Spinegaunts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    203 (x5)

Spinegaunts. You have any benefit use that?? I am forced to remove from my 6500 point army the spinegaunts replace them with scythgaunts.

MEAT IS MURDER
    Hammerskin
    Nation

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x4)

Spinegaunts are the cheapest of all gaunts, but scythegaunts are generally more efficient.
    You're of course not forced to remove the spinegaunts, but you could do it. Most opponents won't mind if you use spinegaunt models in order to display scythegaunts anyway, because the spinefists look like a pair of pistols (and they have a chitinous blade on the top, as well as a spike).

jwu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

besides it i interpret scythgaunts as hormagaunts 320 pts = 32 models, 64 attacks, 32 wounds, spinegaunts 320 pts = 64 models, 64 attacks, 64 wounds.

The problem with this is you have to get twice as many into combat, but since they're not leaping they less likely to be charging and so wont gain the charging dice so i suggest fireing the gun instead, since they'll only have WS and BS of 3 im sure 32-64 attacks at 4+ wont go amiss.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm i got to love them spineguants, 5 pts a model, outnumber a space marine 3 to 1. Also you can use the crossfire rule. Think of it this way. 10 Space Marines = 30 spinegaunts. 60 attacks, 30 hits, 10 wounds, 3 die. Personally i think of my Gaunts to be stall creatures untill my shock troops and Monsters come in play. The scythgaunts can be good too.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x4)

Originally posted by Haemogod@Nov 16 2003, 21:27
    besides it i interpret scythgaunts as hormagaunts 320 pts = 32 models, 64 attacks, 32 wounds, spinegaunts 320 pts = 64 models, 64 attacks, 64 wounds.

The problem with this is you have to get twice as many into combat, but since they're not leaping they less likely to be charging and so wont gain the charging dice so i suggest fireing the gun instead, since they'll only have WS and BS of 3 im sure 32-64 attacks at 4+ wont go amiss.
    Scythegaunts are basic mutable gaunts with nothing else than scything talons. They are NOT hormagaunts.

320pts of scythegaunts=53.3 models, 106.6 attacks, 53.3 wounds.

jwu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your being stupid.

I didnt say they were hormagaunts, i meant that if they were then what io said would actually aplie to what i said.
    320pts of scythegaunts=53.3 models, 106.6 attacks, 53.3 wounds.
    However what i said still means something even if you have to be stupid about it...

You CANT have 0.3 models 0.6 attacks and 0.3 wounds.
    I would have though you would know that, in warhammer 40K ROUND DOWN.

Please can we not fight over this matter.
    (if you thought i missunder stood scythegaunts i didnt because if they were hormanguants you would have called them hormaguants).

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x4)

Your being stupid.
    If you want to insult me, then please do it with correct spelling.

I didnt say they were hormagaunts,Â* i meant that if they were then what io said would actually aplie to what i said.
    What about this:
    i interpret scythgaunts as hormagaunts

You CANT haveÂ* 0.3 models 0.6 attacksÂ* and 0.3 wounds.
    I would have though you would know that, in warhammer 40K ROUND DOWN.
    It was a statistic, not an army list.

(if you thought i missunder stood scythegaunts i didnt because if they were hormanguants you would have called them hormaguants).
    Then why did you "interprete" scythegaunts as hormagaunts?

jwu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well im sorry if i dont know that interpret means.

"Your being stupid" All these words are spelled correctly(maybe not the right spellign or "You're" but the spelling "Your" IS a correctly spelled word).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

stop that childish crap god dammit

as for the spinegaunts. I like them and because they can also be used as scythegaunts and everyone accepts it, it's even better.

depending on my strategy, I use them as spinegaunts or scythegaunts...sometimes you just want to save those 1pt per model (they appear in masses anyways and 32 gaunts would save 32 points, which would be a few more extra gaunts)

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok I'm breaking in here.
    It is specified in the site rules that fiery discussions like this one is evolving into is forbidden.
    I advice that all swords and knifes are put down and the discussing continued in an orderly fasion.

Further violations on the rules will be noted for members included in the "fight".

That is all...
    check out my blog: DRAGONSLAYERO

HEY!
    I WAS IN THE IMPERIAL (Norwegian) GUARD!

Closed Thread