How To Use The Necron Lord - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi there!

I started playing 40k around half a year ago. I use Tau most of the time, and I think they are fun to play, especially against another army with massive Firepower like the IG. It seems to me as if the tau were created to beat the imperial guard, as every unit is perfectly suited to hunt a specific IG unit, like Broadsides against tanks and Hammerhead Railgun against masses of troops.

However, due to my lack of time I don't seem to have any progress in paintig my miniatures. Thats why I decided to buy a second, completely painted army from a friend, and this would be necron because of their overall coolness.

So far, here we go:

HQ:
    Night Bringer, Deceiver
    Necron Lord w Warscythe, Dbody, Orb and Phase Shifter

Elite
    -

Normal
    2x12 Warriors

Fast Attack
    1 Destroyer (I know you need 3 of them, however my opponent agreed to field him as a one man unit)
    6 scarab swarms
    2 wraiths

Support
    2 Tomb Spyders
    1 Monolith.

In my battle against the IG I took everything except the 2 C'tan. We played the mission in which you have to bring your troops in the enemy deployment zone (dont remember the name) with all troops placed at the beginning of the game.

My monolith slowly hovered about the center of the battlefield, forcing my opponent to deploy his forces in one of the 2 table edges of his side.
    We both placed our main forces on the western table edge, one Unit of necron warriors took the eastern flank as there was no opposition and they would be able to get into his deployment zone without a problem.

His forces: 2 Leman Russ, 1 basilisk, 1 Chimaera, lots of footies.

My main plan was to hunt down his tanks with my necron lord's war scythe, and I hoped that he would ignore my other troops and concentrate his firepower on the monolith, giving the rest of my forces the time needed to get into firing range.

However, it was not to be.

First round: basilisk fires at the monolith, hit 6 6 thank you bye bye monolith. This was the beginning of the worst slaughter I have encountered in my short 40k history. Now his tanks were free to fire at will, and they started to concentrate their fire on my warriors on the eastern table edge.

Well, Luck had not completely left me, as my lone destroyer managed to destroy a leman russ, killing 5 soldiers next to it in the explosion.

I joined the lord with the wraiths, getting them into CC with the footies. If I had gone tank hunting, like my original plan was, his footies would simply have overrun me, so I had to stop them.

This melee lasted till round 6, in which due to a bad luck of dices both my lord and my wraith unit were annihilated.

The best unit in the whole game however was my lone destroyer, killing one leman russ, damaging another one and killing a chimera.

If you bothered to read all of this, feel free to post comments. I especially would like to know how to use the lord properly, as he seems to have only short range/cc weapons, but not the skills to back them up (especially for the points he costs)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Firstly, this should be in the incoming battle reports section. Also Putting a monolith in a battle this size ain't too clever as you are asking to be phased out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You really, really need to add more Necron pieces. Tomb Spyders and Monoliths don't count towards Phase Out. My rule of thumb, shared by most good Necron players, is to never use a monolith in less than a 1500 point battle. It's just asking for phasing. You should probably pack some Immortals as well, as their Gauss Blasters are troops crushers. Very much so.
    Si em, tow en can de lach.
    Tak! Tak! Tak ah wan, Tak a lah!
    Mi tow, can de lach.
    Mi him, en tow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You missed the point.
    I did not lose due to phasing out. I lost because the necron lords brings 215 Victory Points.

Actually, it's not bad to field many non necron units, as long as you force your enemy to shoot at them and not at your necrons. Except for the points lost, a dead tomb spider wont make your units phase out.

However, I think the major weakness of the necrons is the lord, as he is not too good in CC and has no long range weapons, and costs a huge amount of points

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well duh..the lord isnt meant to be a powerhouse unit...
    it is a SUPPORT unit...

i dont think the lord is good at "tank hunting"...warriors and destroyers are much better suited for this...

dont forget that the monolith can deepstrike and not be destroyed...imo deepstriking the lith against guard is a good idea...

you need to bulk up on "necrons"...get soem more destroyers

Closed Thread