1500 Point Army Need Opinions Please.. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 Point Army Need Opinions Please..

If people could give me their opinion on this list it would be appreciated, as this is my first attempt at putting a necron list together. I am thinking to keep the destroyers using hit and run tactics, the heavy destroyers picking larger targets (tanks and the like) and the warriors charge at the nearest foe to obliterate them.

Thaking you in Advance
    Bolgar

1500 Pts - Necrons Army

1 Necron Lord (HQ) @ 200 Pts
    Staff of Light
    Destroyer Body [30]
    Resurrection Orb [40]
    Lightning Field [25]
    Disruption Field [5]

20 Warriors (Troops) @ 400 Pts
    Gauss Flayer; Disruption Field

20 Warriors (Troops) @ 400 Pts
    Gauss Flayer; Disruption Field

3 Destroyers (Fast Attack) @ 150 Pts
    Gauss Cannon

Gauss Cannon

3 Heavy Destroyers (Heavy Support) @ 195 Pts
    Heavy Gauss Cannon

Necrons: 50

Phase Out at: 12

Models in Army: 50

Total Army Cost: 1495

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very good list, can't really find any particular faults with it. Close to something I'd field, but I'd exchange a few things. For instance, I don't know why so many commanders choose to max out their warriors in 1500 points games and such. I've played 1850 games with 20 warriors and got nowhere near my phase out. If it were me, I would have dropped 10 warriors and exchanged them for more destroyers or h. destroyers.

However, your list looks good. I might recommend that since you've only got 3 H. Destroyers, you should split them up into their own Heavy Support slots, 1 per. That way, the enemy has to waste an entire squad's fire on destroying 1 H. Destroyer, rather than aiming at all 3 of 'em. Increases their chances of survival. Additionally, it also helps during deployment, as you can force your opponent to deploy more stuff while you're still placing your 3 H. Destroyers.

All in all, nice list. Any idea who your game's going to be against?

Timbo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm. I would drop all disruption fields. They are completly redundant, as the gauss weapons can do the exact same thing, and more. That gives you another 90 (80+5+5) points to play with.
    If you are planing to make use of that lightningfield, you should spend them on scarab swarms and stick your lord in the middle. That will give you the most bang for the buck

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanx for the replies

Thanx for the replies guys

I'll drop the HD's into indiviuals and drop the Warriors by half and get rid of the fields, to put in more HD's. The lightning field is really only there so in case he gets into CC it's an extra hit type thing (any suggestions for the 25 points of wargear?).

I am going to be playing this mostly at the local Games Workshop Store, so ill be running into a mix of opponents.

Thanx again
    Bolgar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x2)

No scarabs? I love those guys. They're the only unit I would put D-fields on. Nothing is better than swarming a transport with D-fields and destroying it and the troops as they attempt to pile out of the burning wreck and cannot deploy. A great way to score huge amounts of victory points and frustrate your opponent.
    I do not criticize. I do not offend. All I offer is my opinion which means only as much as you make it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok here is new proposed list

1 Necron Lord (HQ) @ 170 Pts
    Staff of Light
    Destroyer Body
    Resurrection Orb

10 Warriors (Troops) @ 180 Pts
    Gauss Flayer

10 Warriors (Troops) @ 180 Pts
    Gauss Flayer

Gauss Cannon

Gauss Cannon

2 Heavy Destroyers (Heavy Support) @ 130 Pts
    Heavy Gauss Cannon

Heavy Gauss Cannon

Heavy Gauss Cannon

10 Immortals (Elites) @ 280 Pts
    Gauss Blaster

Necrons: 43

Phase Out at: 10

Models in Army: 43

Total Army Cost: 1500

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x2)

My opinions:
    Drop a HD squad. I feel 4 HD are enough to take care of Terminators and the like. With the gauss rule tanks have never been a problem for my normal destroyers.

Drop the destroyer body on the lord. The only time I would take a destroyer body on a lord would be a CC lord and then you won't need the res orb as you'll most likely be further away than 6" from your phalanx. I typically put my res orb on a walking lord to protect the warriors.

Take a unit of scarabs. They are awesome units for taking out/tying up heavy support squads. Put D-Fields on them and they make some of the best tank hunters. When playing a horde army they can become an annoying speedbump to give you another round or two of shooting before you're swarmed in CC.
    I do not criticize. I do not offend. All I offer is my opinion which means only as much as you make it.

+ Reply to Thread