Dark Eldar Noob - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Dark Eldar Noob

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi all, new DE player here. Well, almost cuz i'm getting my DE boxed set tomorrow woohooo!! I just want to welcome myself to the community

Reason I choose DE? Because I like evil races and DE looks so cool too (especially Talos).

Was wondering if the boxed set is worth it because if not then I wanna go with Wych cult army.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good choice to start Dark Eldar

To your question, I think the start box is quite good, you get a whole squad warriors, a raider and 5 jetbikes. You could just buy a second bos, so you have 2 full raider squads, one big warriors squad and two jetbike squads. but at least get another raider, since you will need a lot of these. raider squads are what makes the DE army so deadly, since they are so damn fast and come with a dark lance for free.
    the talos is a nice thing, but is most usefull in its role as a fire magnet then in actual close combat, since he is so slow compared to the rest.
    Your Archaon with Inccubi retinue is the most deadliest HQ in 40k. Equip him with combat drugs (allwas chosing +1 attack und rerole misses), agonizer, shadowfield and pistol und he will rip trough anything that stands in his way. Accompany him with 5 Inccubi, not more. This way you will propably kill the enemy in the second round of combat, eg his turn, and not stand in the open during his shooting phase. Also yuor HQ won´t be that expensive thsi way and you have much more points to spend otherwhere.
    A good thing are also socalled sniper squads, 10man teams of warriors with 2 darklances that stay behind. They can shoot any tank ro peaces and are very durabe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think its a waste of money, (it is in my countrey) it cost like 550 or 600 dkk

and you spare a lot more money buying the models each one after each!!!!

but yeah it is good for a new beginner in dark eldar!
    and may i invite you as a old experianced player to the twisted, yet the most normal of the worlds (dark eldar)
    crush the tau for their unintelligence, slay humans for their sould, and capture genestealers for their worth in the arena!

and hte archon, could if he had the money, Argoniser, power weapons (can match after the Empires of the imperium thing) and give him a tormenter helm
    either a argonizer and power weapons, or argonizer and poisoned blades!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thx for the welcome

yeah the Archon and his retinues are definetely deadly instruments of torture and pain!! however i'm also interested in wych cult army what do you DE veterans think compared to the normal Kabal ones?

Also after looking thru the codex I think I won't be getting jetbikes but hellions instead due to their hit and run rule which I think is very useful and they cost less than the jetbikes too

one more thing do you guys recommend Ravager instead of the Raider because Ravager is like a more armored version of Raider so I suppose they are just as hella fast. Also are warp beasts good investment? they sound good to me.

sorry if i ask too may questions but most ppl in my local game shop discourage me from playing DE saying it's not "noob friendly" but I want to prove those SM wussies how deadly DE is and if I do win like a lot of ppl say in this forum it will be due to good tactics and maybe a lil' bit of luck. bah my local game shop is infested with so many SMs so I wanna start something different and bring a new world disorder to the universe...at my local game shop at least hehehe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WELL, IVE NEVER USED A WYCH ARMY, BUT if a cc army is what you want, none can beat a wych army! believe me, ive seen so many armies crumble before the wych
    Ravagers are Heavy, so no troop carring!! sorry

Helions are good, but i like jet bikes better, reason, they have 2 weapons, they have a splinter rifle (or blaster/ shredder) and a splinter pistol, evil
    both can deep strike. but normaly a jet bike holds out longer in cc, and helions hit and run is a good tectic, but i dont find it very usefull!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whych cults can be very deadly in CC, but are a bit dull, because they can´t use sooo many cool units, like all the haemonculi associated ones. And you won´t shoot that much, what is one field were dark eldar are quite good.

Yeah with the hellions hit&run you can do some really funny things, allways use the hit&run in the enemys turn, don´t forget that you can flee where ever you want, like into his deployment zone, then move 12" and then assault his devastor squads or something like that.

Reaver bikes are still quite good, they are just soooo fast and get the invul save, tehy can be good to screen other units behind them, tree units of five fly ahad of your raiders ill but your enemy befor a big choice, down the raiders and ignor the reavers just befor his nose, or the other way around. A bigger squad of 8 can be used to get rid of devastor squads or other small seperatet units, just point them in the direction and fly 24" ... some will make it trough and can now wreak havok among their enemys ... and don´t forget that bikes allways count as stationary, so they can shoot twice at 12" and still get +1 attack in assault.

Ravagers and Raiders have totally different roles on the battle field ... raiders transport your troups REALLY fast, while ravagers can destroy nearly everything. With the exeption of the necron monolith nothing will withstand tree darklanc shots, while 3 shadowcanons can destroy whole spacemarine and terminator squads. But don´t think to highly of their armour, 11 isn´t really that good, they just can´t be downed by normal bolter fire.

Warp beasts depend on your enemy, agaist marines they have a hard time to chew trough that armour, against IG, Eldar or Tau they can be really devasting. And don´t forget that the beast master comes equiped with an agonizer and splinter pistol, giving him 3 mean attacks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I personally don't like the boxed set very much. The Reavers make it too costly, and I only like them in sets of at least 6. Otherwise, they die off too easily. Buy a box of 16 warriors, a Dracon, and Two Blisters of Dark Lances and you got yourself an army. Around here that would be a lot less than the $90 American Boxed Set. Then add another box of Warriors and a Raider.
    Armies:

40k: Dark Eldar, Eldar, Imperial Guard, Space Marines
    Fantasy: Lizardmen, Skaven, Vampire Counts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Akumakaji, what did you mean by shadow cannons?
    Did you mean disintigrators

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x4)

That's possible. In some translations, the names of units and weapons were translated in a non-literal way. That's what they are if i re-translate them

Dark Lance=Shadow Lance
    Disintegrator=Shadow Cannon
    Punisher=Executor
    Splinter Rifle=Splinter Catapult
    Blaster=Shadow Catapult
    Wyches=Hagashîn

jwu

Closed Thread