Beating Ig - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Beating Ig

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how do people beat imperial guard using orks?

i have been told that lobbas are good but are they worth their points?

Want a website built to show off your miniatures? We recommend www.reaperwebdesign.co.uk

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have three lobbas but don't use them much. I like killa kans and dreads for my heavy support.
    I beat Umie armies by concentrating anti-tank fire on one or two vehicles a turn, which usually leaves them as scrap. While swamping the enemy with 30-60 grots [meat shield], and assaulting with stormboyz, skarboyz, and truk boyz.
    I use a big mob of Orks armed with rokkits and a nob to soak up the ordinance templates or in bigger games a bommer to take some more of the incomming auto cannon and heavy bolter fire.
    I use the truks to rush in 25" in my first turn. Usually use 2-3 truks depending on size of the army. If they get popped thats ok, enuf of the truk boyz will usually survive and engage the enemy infantry in CC. Try to target heavy weapon squads if you can.
    While the enemy is busy trying to figure out who to shoot at you rush your stormboyz in to wreck his deployment zone, take out heavy weapon squads and infantry with reckless glee.
    Initially try to set up some line of sight blocking terrain near the middle of the battlefield, along a flank/table edge is ideal for your stormboyz path to glory. This will help shield your stormboyz during the crucial 1st turn when they are in the middle of the table if your grots and truks diversion doesn't work.
    Good luck wiv da Umies...WAAAGH!
    "Da Orks is da best cuz we ar ded ard an killy, mean, green, krumpin machines, hav da most dakka, da stompiest dreads, da shootiest gunz, da biggest bosses, an we uze choppas...WAAAGH!"
    Warlord Hakbash

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok.

so basically just get them into cc.

do you find that your large mobs are too easy to target as they are slow and ordnance is used to easily destroy them?
    Want a website built to show off your miniatures? We recommend www.reaperwebdesign.co.uk

Closed Thread