Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Devilfish Question (pts)

806 views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  PapaBear 
#1 ·
it says in the codex that you can mount a squad of firewarriors in a devilfish. But it doesnt say that it costs additional points to have a devilfish. Usually, because it is a specail option it would acutually have to say that it is additional amount of point. Also under the pathfinders it says you have to pay an additional amount to have it. This is proubly just a typo in the codex.

#5 ·
I’m not a big fan of vehicles and wish I could have the pathfinders arrive via deep strike. Maybe a flight or jump packs at 10 points each would be nice.

OR how about bikes instead of the devil fish? :huh: Maybe GW will come up with 10 point bikes that the pathfinders ride in on and then dismount to fight. Or just run things over! :blink:

An bike with a side car so the passenger can use its weapon or marker light! Now that would be a great fast attack option. :D :lol:

#6 ·
I figure I might as well ask my devilfish-related question here (well transports in general I suppose):

once a squad disembarks from the devilfish, can the devilfish go off on its own? or does it need to keep coherency with the squad it was transporting?

#8 ·
Ask em in the right forum, (not this one), and you'll get more answers.

Anyway, while I'm here.

A transport is an indepedent unit for all practical purposes, (capable of holding objectives and moving freely, no unit coherency required).

A transport is bound to its unit though, for purposes of transporting. That's a ruling that was explained in the Trial vehicle rules and asserted in a FAQ I think, so it's official.

Feel free to play otherwise of course, but check with ur opponents first.

Oh, and @delta:
I don't think it's a typo, that's the way all transports are listed in all of the codexes IIRC. The reason the cost is listed for the pathfinders is because the transport is listed in the troops section I think, and because you *have* to take it so they just wanted to rub it in that they're making you waste 80 points for a bunch of firewarrior wannabes. :angry: :blink:

#11 ·
I think if you disembark before the vehicle moves then you should get your full rapid fire range/shots.

Good question though, I don't know the official word on that. Your logic about being able to move the full 6" in addition to 2" for disembarking makes sense imho. Close combat units are favored enough in movement as it is. I say if they get to move that 6" after the 2", and then possibly another 6", then you should get to shoot your full for only moving the 2".

@delta44 specifically though, you certainly can't shoot the 30" if you're disembarking after the devilfish has moved in that turn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.