jetbiking seer council - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

jetbiking seer council

any advice if i should or not seeing as warlocks on bikes are 36 points not 41. i could see pro's and con's but could you guys help me

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Cythreail
    any advice if i should or not seeing as warlocks on bikes are 36 points not 41. i could see pro's and con's but could you guys help me
    By seer council I assume you don't mean ulthwé (as that's not legal).

The best use of a jetbike tends to be a farseer with a spear with mind war. He can zip about nailing characters or vehicles while remaining relatively easy to hide.

Once you put warlocks on a bike, you confuse the issue. They aren't going to be much good in combat (on foot they are just about good enough) and a few extra shuriken catapults aren't that useful.

If you want a warlock for a bike squadron (not a great choice), then a warlock with bike is OK. Otherwise it's best to avoid them.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so would it be better to have a avatar , biking farseer, or seer council in a 500 point army

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x4)

never take a council in 500 point games, its an expensive support unit, and in small games you wont be able to buy anything for it to support. Generally, dont use a council in games smaller than 1000 points. I wound say that wheter you should take an avatar or a farseer depends on the army you are planning on using. If you want a guardian army like I read somewhere, I would go for a farseer as he allows you to field warlocks. No guardian should be without warlocks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi,

there is nothing wrong with fielding either the seer council or a few farseers/warlocks on jetbikes IMO, i like the jetbike models and think that they provide much more versatility for you're HQ, it just means that if you took them on jetbikes then you would only be able to field a standard eldar army. If you can be bothered to make the conversions then yeah go for it.

laters,

Eldrad.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by eldrad
    there is nothing wrong with fielding either the seer council or a few farseers/warlocks on jetbikes IMO,
    Apart from the fact that seer council farseers can't take jetbikes (Hence my previous comment).

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah thats right, to be clear, Ulthwe cannot take a seer council on jetbikes, the farseers in ultwe cant be given them, although you could have warlocks that lead jetbikes on them.

Farseer's on bikes in other craftworlds, i think are a great way of spending your points, and gives you a flexible HQ unit that can actually do something. I find in many games a normal farseer usually does very little, apart for increase the affectiveness of you other units. Although thats hardly a bad thing, i find it makes a target of what he's helping. For example if he is a "GUIDEMONKEY" them your opponent will very quickly deal with the darkreapers he is standing behind. Or if he is in a waveserpent full of scorpians rdy to fortune them up then he will make that serpent a target that your opp MUST prioritise. Obviously these things all have a place, however i like the agressive nature of jetbike farseers and think they can be a much bigger thorn in your opponents side then the standard configerations.

There are several varieties of farseer/warlock you could use so i'll briefly outline some of the reason I think they are worth considering.

Tank Hunters: The jetbike tank hunter should be armed with singing spear or Witchblade depending on which you prefer. i Like the spear as it still hits skimmers on a 2+ and vs a monolith that is definately a bonus. Str9 is makes it one of the best anti-armour weapons eldar have and combined with the Use of turboboost in the first turn to move alonside those hiding bassies/defilers[note don't move within assault range of a defiler, no need to tempt fate] its really good for getting where u need it when u need it. I like a back up spear in my unit if i'm going with a bodyguard to counteract those one's and give that bit more reliability to the squad, or you could have a few if you think you'll be facing lots of armour and need to shut it down quickly.

Lastability: I almost always use fortune on this unit and it makes them amoung the most lasting units in the game. Turbo-boosting for a 3+ re-rollable inv save cant be taken lightly, and you opponent should have to direct a fair portion of his firepower to rid this threat from the board. There enormous movement helps them to take advantage of cover to block los to them and they can also use it to get in position to help out other units if need be. For example if you had some inf scorpians that intend to assault next turn then they can fly over and fortune them instead next turn. Your bikes can then jet off to tackle another target, somewhere out of the main fire lanes.

Anti-hoard: destructor gives a warlock a hvyflamer equiv. Flamer weapons have probably the greatest potential for ruining peoples plans and they are spectactualarly good at taking out large numbers of troops with a 4+ or worse save. Couple this with great movement and the ability to retreat or assault afterwards makes this a genestealer, firewarrior etc killer with few equals. Even vs marines and necrons it can be useful. Eldar aren't reknown for their abundance of Blast and template weapons, therefore many opps will forget to space their models[the first time anyway] and there are often times when they cant[deepstrike, droppods, bunched cc, scenery etc] if you have 2 destructors in a units you can generally get 8+ people under the template in good conditions, twice. Thats a lot of saves for a marine unit to take, and a few should be coming up as 1's and 2's.

Assasination: Mindwar can be used as a assassination tool, and with a jetbike to get you into position it can really be used to its fullest. I rarely go for this option as I can't bring myself to go without fortune, but if you want to get rid of some hvy wepons or you opp likes to hide Powerfists etc in squads then it can be useful.

All in all i think the jetbikes make farseers and warlocks really useful. If you wanna see an example squad take a look at my Aliatoc army in the army list section. Im taking them to the gt heat 3 next week and hopefullt they will help me qualify.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    62 (x4)

Good points jigplum, but I had a question. You said that they would shoot down the serpent with the farseer. However, since you don't have to tell them which serpent the farseer is in...
    You have just recieved the Amish Computer Virus. Since the Amish don't have computers, it is based on the honor system. So please delete all the files from your computer. Thank you for you cooperation.

Votewar 40k Mk1- 2nd Place
    Votewar FB 1- 1st Place
    Votewar 40k Mk5- 1st Place

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

actually he sets up during the hq deployment, to go in the serpent you do have to declare wher he is going. In order to join a unit in the dployment phase you must place the model within coherency then declare that he will join that unit...No hiding him i'm afraid

+ Reply to Thread