a few quick questions - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    eYe
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a few quick questions

i've been off of warhammer for about a year, and i come back and suddenly my old nid codex is no good
    i made a list up, but i got a quick question before i post it

1) can a squad of warriors with 3 Vemon Cannons be taken as a heavy Support choice?
    2) this is more a an, odd one, but say you gave your Hive Tyrant a tail....ravener style, and everyone in your playgroup says its ok even though is not offical rules, whats kind of a point vaule would be fair for that? 25, 30?
    --since wings are 40 and i already have a winged tyrant.

warning this user cannot spell

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1) No they cant, Warriors cant be a heavy choice ot my knowlage and you can only have one vemon cannon per a squad.
    2)Well If your friends are allowing this then use the Carinfexes point system if yous using the tail at I 1 ortherwise I would say add 5 or 10 points. Remeber the syth-tail will ont be S 3 and a mace-tail would be S 6.

That second question was not easy to answer, I was answering by assuming that the tails you were refering to are they carnifex tail options. Also assuming they are S whole or S half depending on which on you choose.

Hope that all made sence.
    98% of the teen population has smoked weed, if you are the 2% that hasn't, put this in your signature.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CombatPlayer
    That second question was not easy to answer, I was answering by assuming that the tails you were refering to are they carnifex tail options. Also assuming they are S whole or S half depending on which on you choose.

Hope that all made sence.
    Au contrere, mon frere, I think it was a long about way of saying a Tyrant which moves as a beast. A fair cost for that would be between 35 to 45 points, plus your right to say you are not a cheesemonger with a straight face. Your threat range is *greater* than with wings, at a very minor loss in non-assaulting movement, not to mention the fact that this is essentially a sneaky way of breaking the "only one winged tyrant" rule.

Drake

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x4)

Not to mention the rule against giving a Winged Tyrant the Extended Carapace biomorph. . . I'd say that such a loophole around those restrictions might be a bit much.
    Why do the survivors remain anonymous -- as if cursed -- while the dead are revered? Why do we cling to what we lose while we ignore what we still hold?
    Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place, and stand there still in each moment of our lives.

--Duiker, "Deadhouse Gates"

-Ostsol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright lets just clear one thing up. We are discussing giving a mace or sythe tail to a Hive Tyrant right?

I'm going to assume we are. Okay now if you group is fine with you doing this then thats good and you should be able to take this upgrade with any combination of any others. Pointswise I'de say if depends on what I you use for the tails as those attacks could be I 1 (as is the fex's) or 5 (Hive Tyrants base I) or maybe I 4 (one under the base). So you'll really have to figure that amongs yourslef though I'de say anywhere from 20-35 points.
    98% of the teen population has smoked weed, if you are the 2% that hasn't, put this in your signature.

eYe
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ya moves as a beast thats the word i was looking for, but still, why would it be more deadly then one with wing?

i know its a way around a few annoying rules too

but i cant take the tail off since its been on there a few years and everyone i play with now says its ok, as longs as i can get a good point value for it, since haveing 2 fast moving CC tyrants might be a bit cheap......but they said its ok as long as i dont use him in tourneys or anything.
    Last edited by eYe; November 8th, 2005 at 21:30.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by eYe
    ya moves as a beast thats the word i was looking for, but still, why would it be more deadly then one with wing?
    A Winged Tyrant can move a maximum of 18" in a turn, including his assault move. Also, a Winged Tyrant may not have Extended Carapace. In order to get a 2+ save it must take Warp Field, which is much more expensive and takes up the one slot a Tyrant has for an additional Hive Mind Power.

As it stands, a Beast Tyrant can move 19"-24" including his assault move, can have a 2+ save as well as taking an additional Hive Mind Power, and can be taken in addition to another or a Winged Tyrant. That last item is particularily important. In order to balance things out you might want to restrict the army such that one can have either one Winged Tyrant or one Beast Tyrant, and certainly not both. The cost for making the Tyrant move like a beast should also be at least as much as wings, if not more, in order to make up for the fact that it can take Extended Carapace.
    Why do the survivors remain anonymous -- as if cursed -- while the dead are revered? Why do we cling to what we lose while we ignore what we still hold?
    Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place, and stand there still in each moment of our lives.

--Duiker, "Deadhouse Gates"

-Ostsol

eYe
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

in that case i'd take the beast one, simply the higher movement, better armour and, warp blast

so about 45 for it then?, when you took at it that way, it seems fair to me, even though it will make you an expensive tyrant, its worth it for all the power you get

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To make it tournament legal and to stop any hassle from opponents, why dont you just model it with a ravener-like tail and use the Winged rules?

Its got a visible movement upgrade and you use already approved rules.

eYe
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thats no fun, plus i cant feild a winged tyrant at the same time that way, that was the main point

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast