How To Make Pariahs More Useful - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hard to justify their use for how much they cost since they don't get WBB and can't get VODed, etc. I think GW can make the following changes to make the pariahs more viable:

1. Decrease their cost to 28 pts...same as Immortals u trade off the WBB rule for the warscythe and their soulless feat.

AND/OR

2. For +20-30 pts per model, make them upgradable to "Destroyer Pariah", which means having a Destroyer body, increasing their mobility greatly and their T to 6 in the process too.

Waddaya guys think?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x1)

You could increase their usefullnes by using them near a Nightbringer in close combat; they would lower the Ld value of the nearby enemies in combat with the nightbringer so when they take a Ld test to do combat with it they would have even less chance of being able to harm it
    My blog - http://wingsofsanguinius.blogspot.com
    Been here nearly 10 years and still haven't managed 500 posts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pariahs are more of a storyline unit than anything; a destroyer body would be out of character, but useful. Their big advantage is the phase blade. When a unit can take on terminators in CC and walk out with a smile, and still have a mildly effective ranged attack, you have to expect huge amount of points involved. The lack of a WBB rule implies their nature as an uber-race amongst the Necrons as they are supposed to be a "new and better machine" overall, not a pure battle field role. They serve one purpose in my head, bodygaurds for Lords or C'tan. The immortals are always my first choice though unless I have cult termies or SM termies to deal with up close. They do well against wraith gaurd to in the one battle I seen them used against Eldar.
    *Fart* "Keep talking sir, we'll find you!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so would you recommend pariahs in a 1000 pts game against Thousand Sons or Ultramarines? umm against Ultra...maybe not I guess.

Destroyer body would be outta character? sorry I dunno much about the background story of the Necrons or any other 40k army in general. Like I said I have only entered the 41st millennium last month hehehe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

54 (x1)

If you want to get some of the background story for the necrons, I've just finished reading the book Nightbringer, It's mainly about the ultramarines but it tells you how the Nightbringer was awoken by stupid, greedy, dark eldar tormented, Humans.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mind giving me a summary?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

54 (x1)

I'll try to give a decent summary; The story revolves around the planet of Pavonis, It is ruled by cartels, One of these cartel leaders finds Information on the Nightbringer and is intent on trying to awaken it. The Ultramarines 4th company has been despatched to Pavonis under the assumption that they're going there to make the planet pay its Tithes to the Imperium because it has not been paying. The Cartel Leader Causes Civil Chaos and rebellion to mask what he's actually doing. He manages to awaken THe nightbringer whilst the Ultramarines try to stop him.

Its a bit of a messy summary but you get the general Idea.
    Its a violent messy story with Necrons, Dark Eldar, Ultramarines and Imperial guard.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ah ok I get the general idea, thx!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pariahs always get shot. for there points they just aren't worth it. unless you used an entire squad of warriors and put them base to base and baby sat them up the field.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pariahs would be worth the points if they had:

one more wound
    or
    one more attack
    or
    one more initiative
    or
    they just cost less points.