Blood Angels done the damage - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blood Angels done the damage

I had a 1500pt game against BA yesterday

My Army: Lord Resorb, VOD

Elite: 10Immortals

Troops: 3x10 Necrons

Fast: 6xScarabs + Disr Fields
    : 3x Destroyers

Heavy: Monolith

His Army: He had 3 tactical units with 7 men, (1 plasma pistol, 1 Lascannon in each)

HQ: librarium with Psy powers + retinue(5of 3 with PW's)
    HQ: Chaplain in Death Company

2x Jumpack Assault Squads(7or8men)
    Scout Squad(5 men)

Both HQ's were equiped with Jump packs also.

He ended up with a total of 10 including chaplain in the D'Company and basically flew across the tablre assaulted in turn two and finished mopping up on turn 3 when I phased out.

I feel I had a bit of bad luck with my D'striking lord (scattered into the range of D'Company which assaulted and killed all)but all in all I felt that with that many fast moving assault squads (including HQ's) that I really wouldn't much of a show at the best of times JMO

This list he used is his 'all comers' list he uses in competitions so he knows how to use it well (so wasn't tailored to fight against Necrons), but he did it so well I feel I really never had a chance to do anything against him.

his death company was not filled by the cheesy rule of taking Veteran Sarg from units with powerfist so his only PW/PF was on the Chaplain but even so with 42 attacks at a minimum ST5 with re-rolls to hit because of the Chaplain there was nothing I could do.

I NEED HELP AS I WILL BE PLAYING AGAINST HIM FAIRLY OFTEN, and I really would like to make at least a token effort.

Thanks in advance

p.s. I tried to find a tactica against BA but couldn't find anything.

Only A Dwarf Can Appreciate A Hairy Woman

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-if you have res orbs covering all of your squads you should survive the charges no problem, and then if you have a VOD and a lith, you can teleport out and double tap him.

-your list is very weak. destroyers and scrabs are no good against marines, and you need to consolidate your warriors so you can teleoprt them out easier.
    Procrastination- hard work often pays off over time, but laziness always pays off now.
    Indifference- it takes 43 muscles to frown, and 17 to smile, but none to just sit there with a dumb look on your face.

-Votewar 40K III= 1st place
    -Votewar 40k mini= 2nd place
    -Votewar fantasy 2= 2nd place

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i usally use the following list:

1 necron lord 200
    -res. orb
    -vod
    1 necron lord 145
    -res orb
    -gaze of flame
    -chromoton(i had 10 points left)
    20x warriors 360
    15x warriors 270
    10x immortals 280
    1 x monolith 235 = 1500 points

this list works great

high phase out, good fire power, and the 20 warriors you just teleport with the monolith so if even attacks 3/4 will stand back up again( and you can shoot real much)
    with the immortals you kill the high piorety tagets.

sorry for my englisch( aint thet good)

- tdh6002
    A word of warning. The next time you get a strange unexplained reading on your Flagship's scanner and sensor arrays, don't dismiss it as a glitch or ghost. The Necrons are a real threat now, and they are out there, biding their time, waiting for you!

Monkey of Mystery The Paint Monkey's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    743 (x8)

Oh, dear. It's Blood Angel players like that that give us all a bad name. You know, I used to take Blood Angel devastators- when'd you last see them?
    Anyway- Heres the word on Blood Angels- You've got to shoot them all. This might seem obvious to you but bear with me. Deployment is paramount. Take 2 squads of 15 warriors. Try and set up in a half moon shape around one corner i.e arcing away from his men. This will force him to either run straight ahead into the middle of your fire zone or start at one end and slowly chew his way up the flanks- this gives the rest of your army time to shoot more. Use your scarabs to hold one or 2 units up for as long as possible. Do the same with the destroyers by using their long range to stay way out of his assault range but within shooting range (this wil either really wind him up or distract a squad; good stuff!) Use the monolith to distract the death company- they have to assault, why not force them to assault something they can't hurt?
    Now- each turn don't move and keep pouring the shots into those assault squads with your warriors and immortals and keep edging the monolith sideways. When he gets danderously close use the monolith teleport and the VOD to bump as many squads as possible right out of his way (maybe onto that scout squad that's lurking at the back? or how about into his deployment zone?). This will force him to turn around and charge back again- giving you plenty more shots. Remember- if you can clip those powerfists out then the monolith will rule supreme.

Let me know how you do. I hate that sort of BA army and it deserves to die horribly. Oh- and check that Chaplain, I think only a Sanguinary Priest gives them rerolls.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chaplains give any model in the unit they joined re-rolls for to-hit rolls in THE TURN THEY CHARGED INTO CC. Coupled with the BA's free furious charge, that makes a VERY NASTY combo. Dont dream of surviving in CC with a charged DC

+ Reply to Thread