Why not biovores? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why not biovores?

I have been reading through the tyranid army lists for an idea, and found that of all the ones I looked at, no one used biovores. Are they not very good, or do people just not like them? By the way, the main reason I'm asking is because I've already bought one.:tongue:

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My first list used them. I found them to be effective but costly. I'm playing some more games with them to decide whether I want them or not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They are decent...the problem is is that our other Heavy supports are just simply better. I will use them every once in a while just to change things up, but if I really wanna win...Biovores are staying home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dunno.. sometimes that barrage can really come in handy. I've had spore mines land right in the seat of Wartrukks and right at the back of tanks where I couldn't normally reach them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would use them...

though unpredictable they can make things into a mess.. even a miss could make an open area unpassable by the enemy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i've played against them.
    my opponent always took at least two. they aren't reliably effective weapons--a lot like orks...

anyways, i noticed opponents tend to stay away from them, more than they should. and can block whole lanes of assault. but generally they just float in no mans land.

i tended to kill them pretty quickly, becuase they would harrass my guess range weaps.

however there always is that chance for you to drop some on a rhino!
    I thought you said they wouldn't charge us!
    What I said was: I didn't think they would charge us and win. And I still believe that.
    Then if they can't win, what are they doing charging us?
    It's possible, I suppose, their commander disagrees with my assessment...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When considering the other heavy choices a Tyranid player can bring to the table the Biovore is indeed inferior. That said there are possitive uses to them.

First, if you are fighting a swarm army there is a much increased chance of landing a spore on the enemies head should you drift from your target.

Second, this is the only way a tyranid can attack indirectly.

Third, psychological warfare. I love making the enemy do silly things and jumping all over them for it. There are two easy ways to use a Biovore in this manner. One is to put it somewhere that makes it look like an appealing target and keep talking up how great it can be against whatever unit your opponant most seems to like (know thy enemy), they might just pump some of that heavy fire into it instead of your Tyrant, Broodlord, Carnifex, Zoanthrope or even a brood of 'stealers. Two is to excitedly point out how close together a certain squad with heavy weapons is standing. If he takes the time to move some of them to spread out thats one less turn of enemy fire. Just make sure you talk about how great that Biovore is. Remind them of horrific losses its caused, bring up how many games its won for you in the past. Soon enough it will get the attention you dont want going to those 'stealers :ninja: and we all know what happens when the 'stealers get into combat...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a pretty balanced army of about 2400 pts and was thinking of adding some biovores or maybe some zoanthropes. I am a little unclear about how the biovores work though.....prolly just me but the rules for how the fire their mines is a little vague to me... if I take all three mine choices in a brood of 3 biovores, do they each fire 3 mines , 1 of each type or can they fire any mine choice i want? sorry if this is off topic just saw biovore there and thought i'd ask. I play with a bunch of vets with like 3000 point armies and amjust trying to match up. Indirect fire seems it could play havoc plus Synapse blowing floating mines late in the game seems like it could be effective. any tips?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well first off if youre playing 3k points I STRONGLY reccommend 2 Carnifex and 3 Zoan as your heavy choices.

As for how they fire. Take a look at barrage weapons on page 31 of the main rule book.
    They will each fire one mine and all have to be equipped with the same type, and only one type at that.

Member Kklopio the scorpionfish's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Come to think of it, I was planning on having biovores in my final army list. This conversation has brought up the argument: "are they viable?". To help me, tell me the number of points your army is and if you take biovores aswell as why you do/don't.

(\_/)
    (0.0)
    (><)This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this text to your sig to help him to world Domination
    <--If you hate me (you do: see*) click the phone
    If you don't (which isn't possible (see*)) click the star.
    *Everybody hates me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast