Good Things About Tyranids - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what are the good things about tyranids?

i have seen them in battles alot of times and they barely ever win.

is this because they are a rubbish army or is it because of the people using them? if it is the people using them then what do you need to do to do well using tyranids?

Want a website built to show off your miniatures? We recommend www.reaperwebdesign.co.uk

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People are bad using them. Tyranids have among the games best CC units, hordes of cheap and good units, lots of flexibility and a coolness factor. Their artilliary is really great AI and they are very mobile and tough.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the whole army can be killed by lasguns as they have no units that have armour values. what stops that happening?
    Want a website built to show off your miniatures? We recommend www.reaperwebdesign.co.uk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what other army can get 180 wounds for 600 points? none! thats 3.3333333 points per wound! nothin! trust me, its hard to kill 180 wounds in a 90 point hq choice (thats three warriors with nothing but 2 pairs of scything talons) and you got a 690 point army thats quite difficult to defeat with 690 points of anything else in 6 turns.... no? gotta get 30 wounds each turn to do it, not impossible, but difficult, oh, sorry, im blabing about the greatness of rippers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cover stops Nids from dying from mass Las gun fire,
    Tyrant guard can take the hits for the important Nids Like hivetyrants and carnifex's
    Lictors jumping out and assualting frontal units, blocking lines of site from all the troops behind... stops mass lascannon and las gun fire

But the main thing that minimises the loss from Mass lasgun fire is getting into CC combat quickly!

if a nid army is fast enough it should be in close combat by at least turn 2 with is fast units and turn 3 with the rest (dam i wish Carnifex's could have wings :huh: )

The nids that you see getting beat all the time probably dont use any of the above tactics and thats why they die
    Army of the heavens, my army waits in hell
    To battle on the earth, for all the souls who fell

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok i have an army that can get wounds for 3 points each!!! grots!!! beat that.

ok another problem i have found is that the hormagaunts go outside of the synapse range and dont do anything they are meant to. how do you stop this?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then you are playihng badly. Its not hard at all to keep one synapse creature within 12 inches of the unit. Remember - its 12 inches of the UNIT. As long as ONE of the little guys is within 12 inches of your warrior the entire detachment of 32 is fine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hive Nodes help allot aswell, even if theres no synapse around, the little guys are still easy to controll
    Army of the heavens, my army waits in hell
    To battle on the earth, for all the souls who fell

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Use Lictors, and deepstriking Gargoyles to tie up ranged units until the the gaunts and genestealers arrive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

does anyone know if GW are bringing out plastic gargoyles, cus i really need 32 of the little things, and i cant even afford 2 metal ones.

Shame some ppl give adives to the poor that cant afford good models

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast