New Tau Stuff - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Tau Stuff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Tau Stuff

Hey Guys,
    So i've decided im starting tau and i've read up on them but im wondering what will be changed when the new tau stuff is released? Can i start buying my ethereal and firewarriors now to start off or should i wait until the new codex and models are released? Also i find stealth suits are really cool and i want to include a full squad in my army but im wondering are they good?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    59 (x1)

I've heard no rumors of Fire Warriors being changed in any way. You are probably safe buying a box or two to paint up now. New Ethereals are deffinitely coming out next year- if you want to buy now or not purely depends on which style you like better. Personally, I prefer my current Ethereal so I have no reason to buy the new ones when they come out.

I've never used Stealth Suits as I dislike the present models, but most people say that they are an excellent unit- some statistical figures show them to be superior to Crisis Suits. I will almost certainly buy the new Plastic Suits when they come out next year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well a squad of 6 stealth suits on 1000+pts is almost mandotory (did i get the spelling right?) i use 12 sometimes.

the things i can almost risk my hand that they wont be changed is the tanks, firewarriors and the Crises suits. load up on hammerheads! you are going to need them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x2)

yeah your safe buying the takns Devilfish and Hammer Head also the firewarriors aren't going to change as they are a relatively new unit. Also kroot kroot hounds and the krootox are going to remain the same so have at it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't buy any suits of any kind because it is certin that they are going to change.

Shas'o Sa'cea Mont'yr Tolka Ket'ra - Commander Warhawk
    Commander of the 115th Expeditionary Force of Sa'cea

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

pictures of new stealth suits have been released. crisis suits are sure to have changed though I haven't seen any picture of the supposingly new model
    The best thing about chaos, is your opponent's face when he looks at your disgusting Plague marines

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    189 (x8)

You can easily buy FW, kroot, devilfish, hammerhead as these remain the same, crisis suits and broadsides also remain the same, the commandr only get's an extar sprue so no problems here really.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, also looking to get into the Tau here - is there really a difference between old and new Stealth Suits other then the looks? I find the newer ones look quite ugly, I'd much rather have the current ones then the upcoming ones. I suppose that if the old ones are different and no longer used stat-wise, however, then I'll have to settle for the new ones. I was hoping to kick-start my collection via Christmas gifts, and XV15s are cheap things friends and family wouldn't at all mind paying for. Bah - how about Pathfinders, are they up for a change?

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by GrandAdmiralStorm
    Hey, also looking to get into the Tau here - is there really a difference between old and new Stealth Suits other then the looks? I find the newer ones look quite ugly, I'd much rather have the current ones then the upcoming ones. I suppose that if the old ones are different and no longer used stat-wise, however, then I'll have to settle for the new ones. I was hoping to kick-start my collection via Christmas gifts, and XV15s are cheap things friends and family wouldn't at all mind paying for. Bah - how about Pathfinders, are they up for a change?
    To be honest, it's difficult to tell.

However, this is my own personal advice: If you want to start Tau, and want to use the holidays to help you out, then just do it.

I highly doubt people will refuse to play you if you have older versions of the Stealth Suits, and I highly doubt that their rules will be so different that you need the new models.

If you want to start playing, and start playing now, then just go for it. There's no sense in waiting a goodly number of months "just in case" a few rules change. Of course a few rules will change, but I'm sure that there are going to be ways to change up your current army to fit the new rules. GW wouldn't make a new codex to screw over the countless number of people that already have played and still play the old Tau.

I recommend that you go for it; and if you don't like the new Stealth Suits, then just don't use 'em.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hm, ok then - XV15s it is. I'm new to 40k as a whole, I'll admit it, so I've little idea how any of this works. All I know is what I've seen in pictures and read on a few sites - and the Tau look awesome, to put it mildly (if I ever get filthy rich, I may get an Eldar army too, but I'm aspiring to be a teacher, hehe). I'm a fan of running around maps with high mobility and range, so Devilfish+Fire Warriors with Hammerhead and XV15 support looks like it might be interesting. Does GW change models often?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast