My lamest victory ever.... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My lamest victory ever....

Last night I played a 470pts combat patrol game at the GW. It was vs. Dark Angels and the guy took 5 sqauds of 5, 2 with plasma cannons and 1 with missile launcher.

Long story short I stayed in 4+ cover the entire hgame and only really lost any troops the turn after I did my charging. However all of his bolters RF on me made my big unit break and at turn 6 half my army was running away.

It look like a victory for him but after VP the huge chunk of my army he killed was not even worth the 12 marines I killed and Plasma Cannon (200pts) that overloaded . My 192pts unit of Flash Gitz and my Nob was safe and not fleeing so I lost way less point than him having 100ish more left than him after dividing the fleeing unit in half.

In a tactical sense He won but according to Da Rools I won. Very unsatisfying.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ugh that sucks, "technically winning" is worse then losing... I'd get a rematch....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x2)

yeah but the important thing is that your ladz put up a good fight and took down some umies before leggin' it! that means that they will just come back with more ladz and stomp the SM's later!
    Do it fer da ladz, come join da Ork Klan here!

Blood Axes W/L/D-------- 9/7/3
    Warboss Grorg of the Ork Klan!
    Commander of the Rebel Alliance in the STAR WARS CLAN

in the cupboard under the stairs at my house
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm

i'd give my opponent a call after that game and call it a draw tbh. winning mainly due to his bad luck is never truly good fun, but remember, just because half of your army was fleeing/off can mean your winning with orks because they are cheaper than a space marine.

look at a skaven VS ogres battle in fantasy - the skaven player will take horrific casualties per ogre killed, but each ogre has to kill 7+ skaven to make its points back.

LF

if in doubt remember they are coming back for anuvver go!

return of the mighty SNAKE MAN!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ive lost 2 out of five league games in my local 40k league solely on bad rolling. we have a bottle check rule after 50% casualties, made at -1 highest ldrshp value beginning of each turn. well i basicaly lost 100 points while my oppent had only60-40 points remaining; finaly had to make my first bottle check at ld 9 (10-1), and failed. couple days later same thing the guy even used his one army roster change, i still lost by failing a ld 9 check, wtf, 2 times!
    the goddess of luck is a fickle mistress, and im gunna cut that wench

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

aye man! dont forget the rap music, there is nuffink like rap when u is cuttin a fizzool

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes bad rolling, unfourntaly the game is highly based on probabilty. Tatics sure as hell are important though

+ Reply to Thread