New To De - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New To De

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well as u can see by the title i am new to DE. I know a lot of the rules for them and i can understand all the abreviations and stuff used for them.

I was planning on starting a Wych Cult army because i liked the ideal of having a bunch of awesome cc guys just rush and to battle and slaughter the opponents.
    But as i have read people posts i have come to the conclusion that a Wych Cult would most likely not be the best choice for a new DE player.
    I like both Wych Cults and Kabal Armys, i am a little short on money and i know Wych Cults cost more that Kabal's do because of all the raiders you need to buy.
    Right now i have 9 wychs (1 succubus /w agoniser, 7 wychs, and 1 wych with assult weapon) also i have about 7 warriors and 1 warrior /w a splinter cannon.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

opps i messed up i was not done.

anyway i was just wondering if it would be better to start a Kabal first then gradually go into a Wych Cult.

thanks for the help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I for one would suggest starting with a kabal army, and then just gradually turning it into a wych army over time

I think the wyches are great, but most of the people i play have space marine or necron armies, and wyches just dont seem to be all that effective against them

kabals are very adaptable to almost any situation

besides, wyche armies apparantly cannot use Talos...and seeing as how the Talos is the reason i play dark eldar ...im sticking with kabal

It would probably be useful to have at least 1 raider filled with wyches for when you get the urge to go after your enemy's HQ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok, then ill start with a Kabal.
    Is there any basic build i should follow in building a Kabal army?
    at my local GW, so far i have seen an Iron Warrior army, Imp Gaurd, Death Wing, and Deamonhunters so far.
    They usually play from 1000 pt to like 2000 pt armys.
    so i was wondering if there is a basic build for a Kabal army from 1000 pts to 2000pts. Thx for the help

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, i only have a 1000 pt. army, and i mostly fight against Space Marine or Necron armies, so my army is a bit heavy on their heavy weapons (at least its heavy for a DE army). here's my army list if you want a reference tool. If you wanted to make it better suited for armies with lots of troops, then you might wanna remove one of the heavy support choices in order to get some more troops. Or since you have some wyches, just substitute a wyche/raider squad for a standard raider squad.

HQ
    Dark Eldar Retinue
    -1 Dracon w/ shadowfield & agoniser & splinter pistol
    -5 Incubi w/ punishers
    -1 Raider w/ disentigrator
    =====266pts

Troops
    Warrior Squad
    -8 warriors w/ splinter rifles
    -2 warriors w/ dark lances
    =====100 pts

Warrior Squad
    -8 warriors w/ splinter rifles
    -2 warriors w/ dark lances
    =====100 pts

Raider Squad
    -7 warriors w/ splinter rifles
    -1 warrior w/ splinter cannon
    -1 warrior w/ blaster
    -1 sybarite w/ poison blades and pistol
    -1 raider w/ diesntigrator
    =====174pts

Fast Attack
    Reaver Jetbike Squad
    -3 reavers w/ splinter rifles
    -2 reavers w/ blasters
    =====145pts

Heavy Support
    Talos
    -1 Talos
    =====100pts

Ravager
    -1 Ravager w/ 2 disentigrators and 1 dark lance
    =====115pts

==========================1000pts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That army looks good and fun to play.
    I have a few more questions.
    If i was gonna make a 1500 pt army would it be better to upgrade a Drachon to an Archon? also for a 1500pt should i add a wych squad or two and and a nother raveger?
    Sorry for all the question its just that i want to make sure i have a good view on what to get before i actually get them.
    Thx

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

opps sorry for misspelling Dracon :rolleyes:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey man, dont be sorry for asking so many questions, i love helpin' peeps. For a 1500 pt army, i'd definitely say go Archon, i would have gone archon if i wasnt running out of points, and yeah, i'd say add at least 1 wyche squad on a raider (or 2 if you're feeling dangerous ). whether or not you should have the ravager is up to you. I personally would add another talos instead. It just depends on your fighting style. If you'd rather just run in there and rip em a new one, go with the talos. If you'd rather have someone to sit back and blast em' into craters, then go with the ravager. Might be a good idea to add another reaver squadron (or just make the existing one larger)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok thanks. ill work on a list tonight and see if i can get one up tommrow. Then you may get to help me even more!!! Yaaaaaaaa

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

glad to help

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast