"ooh...Orks can't shoot" wtf?? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"ooh...Orks can't shoot" wtf??

I for one am getting sick of people always saying that Orks can't shoot for ****.

OK heres some facts: shoota boyz definitely work better than slugga! although its true they have BS2, the standard shoota boy is so cheap that you can field enough of them to make them a great shooting force - especially if you go for the big shootas, use the 36" range!

I used to go for the large slugga boyz option, but I just got so IRRITATED by the fact they would just charge in and get shot up...a footslogging force of slugga boyz really can't win against marines and the like.

Another thing...if you choose to follow my advice, make sure you take a looted bassie! its amazing in my army, and could be in yours too.

This is probably going to stir up a few things, but I'm so confident in my shoota boyz' success, that I'm willing to say wholeheartedly that they can outshoot beakies if you use the 36" big shootas properly. :yes:

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    45 (x2)

I agre with you a hundred percent. I play Bad Moon so you know I'm packin'. When most opponents see all the boyz with shootas they think they have got it made, so I let them find their mistake when we play. Orks are such good shooters if you know how to use them because of all the gunz and awesoome assault weapons you can field that can deal a lot of damage to anyone . Waaagh!:w00t:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Statistically, you've got enough shots to cause some casualties, but i've always thought thaqt you should play to your stregths, and for Orks, that's close combat. They're better in CC than they are in a shooting war, and while they can be effective at range, i'll stick with CC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The shoota boyz are cheaper than the slugga boyz...
    That's true, but they are only 1 point cheaper. And sluggaboyz can take big shootas too. I think I'd go with a huge, a REALLY HUGE horde of slugga boyz that shoot their bigshootas on the move.
    Remember those boyz are like being fearless if they are in a squad of 12 or more, since you can take 30 boyz in 1 squad, they can take some hits while running across the board.
    The marines would really have trouble with making them run away.
    And when you reach the enemy lines, KRUMP EM!!! whaaagh!

By the way, for shooting units, bikes are really uber. they can even shoot their guns while charging!
    [off-topic sidenote] That gives me an idea, I haven't used my orks in 4th edition rules, now they can turbo-boost... double WAAAGH!!
    Chaos does not need explaining! guess what? Chaos cannot be explained!
    Quote Originally Posted by BobaHat
    Chaosdude is a dutch, heretic surfer who hangs around the red light district picking up daemonettes..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

an ork shooting hordes is very good, especially with assualt 3 weapons, even the rokkit launcha can take care of small to medium armour.

and if you think of it this way, orks can outshoot the guard against marines. IG hit on a 4+, wound on a 5+. orks hit on a 5+, but wound on a 4+! sure they are a bit more expensive(2pts), but you actually get decent cc as well!

good old orks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x1)

I honestly don't see the point in an ork shooty army, sure they surprise people but they are most effective in CC. If you wanted a shooty army play guard or tau. Then again orks are about fun so it doesn't really matter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    525 (x8)

Orks are way cooler when they are shooty as hell.
    And you dont play Orks to win, you play for fun!
    And besides, Flash Gitz is teh shiit when it comes to shooting.

I AM CAN HAS CHEESEBURGER bonjordo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x2)

heres an idea for a 1500 point list.

4 x 30 shoota boyz w/ 3 rokkit launchas

2 x 5 Warbikes

that leaves 180 points to chuck into a hq w/ body guard.

now this army list has steady fire, and a huge kick in the pants with rapid fire. and when cc comes you get 2 attacks per ork with t 4.

you have an excellent source of counter attacks & shooting in your biker squads, and a hq where your army needs it.

Ork shooting= teh 1337ness

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x1)

The best shooty armies IMO are loota armys (forgotten clan name) all armed with sniper rifles, then a russ, a basilisk and a griffion mortar. Now if that ain't shooty I don't know what is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    525 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Ace of Spades
    The best shooty armies IMO are loota armys (forgotten clan name)
    Snakebites isn't it?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast