Very Important Tau ? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very Important Tau ?

I am planning on starting a new Tau army and wanted to buy a 1500 point force. I have a whole army list and everything ready but thats beside the point. I wanted to know how badly you think the new Tau codex is going to affect how they play. Im getting alot of money of because its the holidays and i dont want to wait unless thier is absolutly no point in buying them now. So i guess what im asking is should i buy them or wait, and do you think an army bases around around the old codex will be just as affective with the new Tau codex?

Proud member of the US clan!
    United states Marines!

Look for Divine Guidance under the LO top site list!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly, if you can stand waiting until April-ish, I'd hold off on the buying for now.

When the original Tau 'dex was released, GW didn't do a very good job on their security, and fans had been able to piece together a complete and mostly-accurate reproduction of the rules in the codex well before it ever hit the shelves.

This time around, however, we know almost nothing, rules-wise, about what the Tau Empires 'dex is going to contain or how it's going to play.

I don't think the changes to the rules or the existing units are going to be that major, but I think it'll still be worth waiting for, if you have that option.
    Looking for a 40K group near Tacoma, WA.
    Know one? In one? Want to start one? Drop me a PM.

Libertas Inaestimabilis Res Est.
    Liberty is a thing beyond all price.
    Observe impartially, record accurately, report truthfully.
    --Journalist's Creed

D e F Y
    GRAVITY

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm going to wait the new codex, becouse I don't want to waste money (wich Idon't have very much) if they change some rules. New stealth suits are UGLY IMO, what do you think of them? At the time I play 'nids and I'm going to start Tau 'couse they are SO different from 'nids.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the new suits are terrible and im probably just going to convert the old ones.
    United states Marines!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sawamura
    I'm going to wait the new codex, becouse I don't want to waste money (wich Idon't have very much) if they change some rules. New stealth suits are UGLY IMO, what do you think of them? At the time I play 'nids and I'm going to start Tau 'couse they are SO different from 'nids.
    Fair warning, Tau require a VERY different tactical approach to win battles. I'm originally a 'nid player myself, and I found adapting from the "swamp everything in an avalanche of teeth and claws" Tyranid style to the "Mobility, discipline, and precision application of subtactical nuclear warheads" style of the Tau somewhat... difficult.

Of course, I also discovered that I was better with the Tau than I had ever been with the 'Nids, so be warned: you may find your bugs collecting dust on your shelf once you start fielding Tau.

As for the new Stealth suits, I like them. I think they're more in-line with XV-8s than the tiny 15s were, and I don't get why people keep saying they're huge -they're not. They're about the same size as a terminator, which is nothing in a game dominated by Wraithlords, C'tan, Greater Daemons, and tanks.

They may be a little top-heavy, yes, but remember that walking isn't their primary form of locomotion -they have antigrav-assisted jet packs, which means they hover when stationary or kind of bounce along when moving, each "step" their legs take covering twenty meters or so as their jet packs propel them forward.
    Looking for a 40K group near Tacoma, WA.
    Know one? In one? Want to start one? Drop me a PM.

Libertas Inaestimabilis Res Est.
    Liberty is a thing beyond all price.
    Observe impartially, record accurately, report truthfully.
    --Journalist's Creed

D e F Y
    GRAVITY

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you are dead set on Tau regardless of what changes are made, then get some Fire Warriors. It's almost 100% certain that they won't change, and you need at least one squad anyway.

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by MadJackMcJack
    If you are dead set on Tau regardless of what changes are made, then get some Fire Warriors. It's almost 100% certain that they won't change, and you need at least one squad anyway.
    Not even an "almost 100%" there; the only thing that will change will most likely be a few more weapon options, if even that. Just look at the pictures (that have the new models in them, too) and you can see that Fire Warriors are the same; same models.

If you are looking into Tau, and want to play them now, I don't recommend letting people talk you into waiting. Honestly, if you have the money and want to play, then go for it. None of the rules will be changed so drastically that you have to replace your whole army or anything like that. And I understand the pain of waiting; I wouldn't wait, either.

And if you don't like the new Stealth Suits, for example, then just go with the old ones. Play Tau now, and I can almost guarantee that there will be minimal changes with the new codex to your actual models.

I think you should go ahead and play now, and have fun. Then, when the new 'dex hits stores, buy it and see what you need to change; shouldn't be too many things to change, in my opinion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And I understand the pain of waiting; I wouldn't wait, either
    At least someone understands the pain in waiting. haha
    United states Marines!

+ Reply to Thread